Extremly low fps and unplayable!

Dear Team,
This simulator is unplayable post recent updates, (probably last 3). FPS is less then 15 , tried everything . Rest PC is working totally normally . Even 1080P with average settings has stutters and fps drops , Leave aside the rest including features etc, but This thing needs a MAJOR UPDATE.

9700k @ 5ghz
RTX 2080Ti
32 GB RAM
Steam version.
SSD
200MBPS

Same system as you, no problems at all, sim runs very smooth.
Try to eliminate your OC for testing or something else must be wrong on your system i would assume.

Do you monitor your temps, cpu, gpu load etc. while in the sim? If not, thats the first thing you should do.

Hi,
All the temps are within normal range, No issue with any other game/software at all.

What is ā€žnormal rangeā€œ? You need to provide infos, you cant expect others to fix your problem but not willing to help.
Also disable that oc for testing, its the most common problem usually.
Other games are not msfsā€¦

Donā€™t type words behind PC when you know nothing about someone.

1 Like

EDIT: guess your answer was to the other guyā€¦

So, please tell your resolution, settings and monitor your cpu/gpu load.
Without any infos the community cant do much to help you.

I have absolute catastrophic frame rate performance after WU4!
Now when spawning on payware scenery, it gives me 3fps max, before the update I had between 20-30fps and a relative smooth experience - well this is gone now. Asobo managed to kill the performance, again!!

2 Likes

I also suffered from a noticeable reduced performanceā€¦until I checked my graphic settings which have been altered with the update.

Resetting them to my original values brought the original performance back.

you should join into the existing topics about performance issues and not open duplicate topic.

Beside of these you should create usefull issue reportsā€¦ ā€œI have 15fpsā€ say nothing.

Did not work for me

1080P, Ultra,High , both filled with stuttering. CPU LOAD - 67%-70%, I get Limiited by GPU in FS developer FPS monitor. Also tried with OC disable. Same problem. No exra application/software running.

Well here we go again, Sim unplayable when landing or taking off after the latest update.
Major stuttering every 2 seconds.
So I deleted the rolling cache, emptied Comm folder again ( as I do before all updates)
Tried running the game ā€¦ no difference.
Reduced ALL settings to LOW to start from a base position ā€¦ still no difference at airports.

So I gave up because nothing stopped the stuttering, I reverted all my settings back to my March settings that have been perfect for at least weeks of actual Flying, not fiddling about! actual flying with zero problems.

I also read last night on the forum that a group flight recorded stuttering at the same time which immediately points the finger to the connections/servers.

So today I booted up PC, changed the server from West Europe Server, to North Europe Server

Plotted an IFR flight from Santa Barbara to KLAS L.A ILS R7 20 min flight in the Default Airbus A320.
I landed with 25 to 32 fps which is remarkable at LA for me. ( in the air 40-47fps)

Cannot believe the difference, it is night and day from yesterday.

Will try the FBW later today to see how that goesā€¦ good luck.

1 Like

How did you changed the server? will surely try
Thanks

try disable Real-time Trafficā€¦ Another workaround for these 2sec stutter/short stop since 1.15.7.0 is to disable that other players are shown ( I switch from Live-Players ā†’ Groups Only ).

I think same: server-issue. But noticed it for now only for the new updated map airports.

Sadly, Still same for meā€¦

Hi everyone,
I dropped FWB back into the comm folder and it was excellent at KLAS, good fps, happy with that.
Tried landing at Heathrow and stuttered slightly so I tried switching " All players OFF " and " Air traffic to OFF " and it made landing at Heathrow acceptable with the odd stutter but at the Terminal I had 37 fps which is really good. So happy at the moment.

I already had " Live Real-World Air Traffic " to OFF
Live Weather to OFF
Multiplayer to ON

Thrustmaster Airbus SideStick & 2 Lever Quadrant
Ryzen 7 3700X
GIGABYTE RTX 3060 Ti 8 GB GAMING OC Pro
Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (DDR4-3200)
Gigabyte 1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe
Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE
MSI Optix 3440 x 1440
Window 10 pro 64

1 Like

in this case are also the fps not the important thing, these ā€œstops each 2 secondsā€ are horrible.

In my case these was caused only because of showing the ā€œother playersā€, why ever ( or just more global the real-time-traffic ) and only in a range/circle around the affected airports.

And here these are the ā€œstopsā€ within an image:

Itā€™s not exact what the eyes feelā€¦ each ā€˜kinkā€™ is a ā€˜stopā€™

2 Likes

Sort the game out!

1 Like

Hi MichaMMA
Yes, I had more stuttering about 5nm out of the airport and basically nothing on the ground.

I see that MSFS 2020ā€™s utilisation is the same for everyone.

Cannot wait for DirectX 12

pic

lmfao,! Who can believe I have a powerful rig, Look at my FPS .
BTW all ā€œheavy gamesā€ run perfectly! This wasnā€™t before!

1 Like