F-18 HUD and displays broken

I’ve uninstalled every f-18 mod i had and also uninstalled the Asobo F-18 and reinstalled it. Looks like every possible information (pages) are displayed at once on the displays and HUD.

2 Likes

Hey @Sath68. I moved your post to the #self-service:aircraft-systems subcategory where issues like yours are best discussed. Hope this helps.

If you’re getting that, either something else 3rd party is altering a shared .js file, or one of your .js files shared with the hornet is corrupted. Are you on PC or Xbox?

PC. Dunno which one and i really like the ones i have. Maybe the carrier/crew mod which i didn’t delete yet?

OperatorLand468-livery-a320NeoDLHGummersbach_a32nx
OperatorLand468-livery-a320NeoDLHNeubrandenburg_a32nx
pbk-carrier-crew
pbk-carrier-pz61
salty-747
Savage_Cub_Realism_Mod_1.4
st-michel
topmachstudios-f22a-raptor
touchingcloud-aircraft-dg808s
transwarp2010-moehnetalsperre
workingtitle-aircraft-cj4
workingtitle-g3000
workingtitle-gx
aircraft-longitudeFDEfix
aircraft-tbm930-improvement
airport-kxta-homey-superspud
a-mamudesign-powerlines
B78XH-main
bahrometrix-flughafen-edle
C172JTA
carbonprop-xcub-performance
community-vl3rotax915
DA62X
flybywire-aircraft-a320-neo
Frex-livery-a320NeoAmerican
Frex-livery-a320NeoAmerican_a32nx
gotfriends-discus2c
gotgravel-monster-nxcub
gotgravel-savage-carbon
h133_hirosima_hongo
headwind-a330neo
hpg-airbus-h145
Icon_A5_Realism_Mod_1.8.1
indiafoxtecho-f35
Lufthansa A330-900 Neo by aaMasih
nycnywaterfix
OperatorLand468-livery-a320NeoBA_a32nx
OperatorLand468-livery-a320NeoDLHAI_a32nx

Possibly, will be a bit before I can try to download those and look at the file structure. One quick test you can do is quickly rename your Community folder to Community.bak, this prevent the folder from being loaded but still allow you to quickly re-activate it. If the problem goes away you know it was something in there, and have to find which.

If it still doesn’t work right with the “empty” community folder, then the problem is likely one or more corrupted files in your vcockpit files. You can go to your MSFS folder->Official->OneStore->asobo-vcockpit-instruments-fa18 folder and add .bak to the folder name, this should hopefully force it to re-download the files.

1 Like

Raynen,
Thank you! I did troubleshoot using your suggestion here and my HUD is back. Essentially it’s a file in my community folder that was keeping the HUD from showing. I have the HUD back but pilot missing now but I think I can figure this out from here. Thank you once again.

Yup, something in the community folder, dunno which one yet.

So I figured this out. It is the Super Warrior Mod in the community folder that was interfering with the Asobo’s update and made the HUD as well as the new Vapor effects disappear. After deleting the super warrior folder, all is back to normal.

removing the super warrior mod was the first thing i did, didn’t help. My HUD isn’t gone just completely messed up. Every thinkable information is displayed at once, so it is completely unreadable. The displays also.

So if you have already narrowed it down to the community folder, then I would look for other jets that use HUD and MFD’s that are made by Asobo. That piece of S**t Eurofighter comes to mind - but really it may be any other aircraft. Perhaps one by one remove the aircraft from community folder to a separate folder and see if that fixes it.

Found it. It was the workingtitle gx mod which hasn’t seen an update in the last six month or so.

3 Likes

Hello,
suddenly my displays in the F/A-18 look like this:

Has anyone else had this and been able to fix it?

Probably a conflict with mod, search F18 hud

For me it was the an older version of the workingtitle g3000 mod, upgraded to v0.7.7 and works fine.

3 Likes

Thx!
Disabling the WT GX mod indeed did cure this.

This doesn’t look right… anyone else experiencing this odd F-18 panel? Seems to have happened with the Maverick update.

1 Like

Might take a look at this thread and see if it helps.
Regards

Thanks!

That did it: replacing the working-title-gx to the latest version.

1 Like

Happened to me, either. Update the mods, especially the WT ones (GX, G3000), it should solve the issue.

For me, the following planes were problematic:
“hpg-icona5-2021PE” and “jonx-optica”.
Their deletion in the Community folder solved the problem while waiting for an update.

1 Like