F/A-18 - Absolutely fantastic sound

Yesterday I took part in a community flight and one of the first questions I asked was „Did you try the F/A-18 already?“ (the other question was: „Did you try DX12 already?“ ;)).

I was gargle-blastered when I was taxiing with the new PC-6 (thanks for that, too!) in Zurich Kloten (LSZH - having quickly become the new „Fighter Town“) and two F/A-18 were literally tearing the air above the runway apart - boooom!

And ten minutes later another pilot joined our community flight yesterday, asking the exact same question: „Did you already try the new F/A-18? Fantastic sound!“

So, developers/sound engineers: you did something absolutely right here, which should be given credit with a round of sincere applause!

Thank you!

6 Likes

Could not agree more. We were on a group fly in the PC-6 in the Andes and were joined by the F/A-18 doing passes.

Loud and gives you goosebumps.

Great work :+1:

Yes, something I could have gone my entire life without hearing or even seeing every flight is bludgeoned with dozens of.

I’m not trying to tell anyone how to have fun but you’re doing it wrong!

While we’re at it it get off my lawn too!

Darned kids.

1 Like

I totally agree with you!
Yesterday I was taxiing at EGLC and at that time two F18 did a flyby. The sound was incredible.
As much as I hate it to hear in real life when I’m at home, that much I love it in the sim!!

Absolutely fantastic!!

Great job.

Well, it is Nice but sure does not sound like that while inside a plane. I had 2 military jets start in front of me while in a commuter airliner….just a loud bass sound.

Yes it does sound good from the outside, not tried it yet to see what it’s like inside.

I was flying my Just flight piper turbo III into Lee on solent (South Coast UK),
Was about 5 miles out when I got buzzed by a T1 Hawk then just after I landed a hornet did a low pass straight over the runway, very realistic sound :+1:

Incidently I can’t fly the porter for some reason, the only control surface that works is the rudder, throttle moves but no response.

Check your assistance options in the menu.
I assume something is set to easy by accident.

1 Like

Thanks, but no it’s all set to Full realism. All my other planes are fine but the Porter for some reason will not work.

I will have a look at the porter later today. Haven’t flown it yet.

Hi
You may try releasing the Gust Lock which prevents control surfaces moving, excluding rudder.
It’s at the root of control stick.

-eelis-

2 Likes

I tried it again and it’s ok starting on the runway. Last time I tried it from cold and dark. I’ll take a look at the instructions next time :slight_smile:

Maybe you have the same issue like I encountered with „auto engine start“ (CTRL + E)?

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/have-you-tried-to-start-the-pc-6-from-cold-and-dark/472551/10?u=steeler2340

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.