F/A 18 Auto Throttle Problematic

I have been flying the F/A 18 for a few days now and have come to the conclusion that the hardest thing to do with this plane is hold a constant landing speed. I have the Auto Throttle setup with my HOTAS throttle and when it’s working I can turn it on and off, it shows ATC in the HUD and will hold a constant 140 on landing. But it will only do this once. If I land using the Auto Throttle, park and shut down. Then start the plane back up, take off and line up for a landing and set the Auto Throttle. It does not work. No ATC in the HUD and no Auto Throttle. If I go back to the main menu and select a different plane then unselect that and reselect the F/A 18. Go back to flying, get up in the air and set the Auto Throttle, it will work again, but only for that flight. If you want to use the Auto Throttle again you have to get another fresh F/A 18.
Am I the only one having this problem or is it the way it is and needs to be fixed.
Back when I was using FSX I had a fantastic F/A 18 Superbug by VRS. They also had a P3D version. Every switch and button in that thing was functional. It was incredibly realistic and a lot of fun to fly. And the Auto Throttle work perfectly every time. It would be nice if VRS would do one for MSFS.

Was not able to replicate this, landing with ATC enabled then doing a full shut down/start up and ATC still working normally on subsequent landing attempts.

Same as Raynen, not able to replicate. Any mods installed?

Well, It looks like it might be my machine causing the problem. The auto throttle just doesn’t always work for me. I have 3 ways that I can turn it on and off. The button on the plane’s throttle, the ALT R key combo and I also set up a button on my HOTAS throttle. When it’s working all 3 of those methods work, when it’s not working none of them work. Last nite I got 2 flights in a row with the auto throttle working. So who knows.

Is it set on your HOTAS using the sim controller settings? If so which command did you set it with?

I am using command Autopilot Airspeed Hold.

Flaps has to be retracted (in auto mode). As soon as I extend them ATC is disengaged.