F/A-18 Super Hornet, Cockpit Bleed Through. Landing & Strobe lights

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Brief description of the issue:

1-Strobe Light (on landing gear) bleeds through into cockpit.
2- Landing Light bleeds through into cockpit on retract.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Issue was not present prior to SU9 and is now 100% repeatable.
-You will notice the Strobe flash up the front of the stick and up the center console.
-Landing light. Hard to notice unless you are using UWA’s Light mod, which is very much brighter.
It will also light up the sides of pilot and front of ejection seat, regardless if set to on/off.
(I suspect it does not turn off in retracted position and remains on?).
It is not a mod issue. Prior to SU9, neither issue was present, w/wo uwa mod.
Uwa is aware of issue.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

SU9. Not present prior to this.

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Yes for the Strobe part only

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

See the screenshots. For the UWA, it’s a mod, so better to report to the author if needed. All I see watching the seat is only the internal aircraft cockpit light

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Strobe not lighting :

Strobe lighting :

Strobe source which bring light inside the cockpit :

Landing Light no issue on seat and side, either with LDG/TAXI LIGHT ON or OFF, for me we are seeing only internal light for Pilot purpose, though I could be totally wrong :

Seat area lighting may be intentional and done by the model creator, to highlight the pilot perhaps?
It remains on always, even with battery off, but the source does appear to come from below.

Hey Support, just wanted to let you know, there is a false description in the new Carrier Landing chellange.

Yeah, I was just trying a night flight, and I’m seeing this also. I really can’t remember if it was always like this (haven’t flown at night that much), but I feel like I would have noticed before.

Concur with it being on even on cold and dark before the battery is switched on.

Even if it’s intentional, my assessment is that it needs to be removed as it’s distracting (and unrealistic) and is keeping my eyes from dark adapting properly for night landings, etc.

1 Like

Team unable to reproduce this issue.