F-Key on Keyboard : Remove Reset View

Hi,

Each time, when inside the sim or outside typing something with “F” in it, msfs camera always resets the zoom inside the cockpit … i already deleted any F-Key related settings in the control section of the msfs settings… someone any idea? it drives me crazy …

thx

Edit: Its the “Reset Smart Cam” setting … no keyboard shortcut in the settings, but is still working when pressing “F”

3 Likes

My f key is Reset Fixed Camera.
and
Reset External View - second choice
Reset Cockpit View - second choice

I deleted any bindings of the F Key … it still resets the zoom inside the cockpit to the default value… and the “F-Key” is the only key, which is active when msfs is not focused e.g. when browsing, or being in navigraph charts (desktop) … it always resets the zoom level … it’s a bug !

2 Likes

Tried it but cannot duplicate it.

Sitting on the runway.
Roll mouse wheel forward until I am outside the cockpit.
Click Chrome Browser
Type f key several times as search argument

Go back to FS2020
Still sitting forward outside cockpit
Press the F key and it resets the zoom

It’s been a year, but I can replicate this 100% of the time and it drives me nuts. I also have everything unbound from the F key, but tapping F either in sim or in some other app like Discord will reset my view. I can’t tag OP, so question for anyone else who has this: Do you have more than one keyboard profile? I’m wondering if the issue is that F is still bound in the default profile and is overriding the other profiles. I’ll test it out next.

Some additional context: F does a lot in the default bindings from drone translation to DME to resetting various views. I’ve removed all of those settings and saved my profile and still have it reset the view.

Still an issue, very disappointing and replicated 100% of the time with the latest version of FSRealistic Pro. It seems to be related to the app, not MSFS itself as with FSR off the issue doesn’t happen.

Super annoying.

Yep, using the FS Realistic trial and the same thing happens. Very annoying. Can’t stop the eff key from zooming. I wonder if the FS Realistic devs can do anything about it.

Deleting the “F” binding for the “Reset Cockpit View”, if I click on “F” then reset cockpit view does not work anymore. Have deleted this one ?