Failed to read from file error

“Failed to read from file”

I’m Running into this issue every time I load up the game. I also tried to reinstall but the pop up continues.

Any idea on how to fix it?

In this screen msfs is scanning/loading all the stuff in your community folder. You should empty it and see if the erros still occurs.
If not, theres something wrong in on of the mods/addons id say.

(Don’t you mean “If not,”?)

1 Like

I deleted all on content on my community folder and it didn`t work. Now I deleted the whole root folder and appereantly there was some hidden content. I hope it works now.

Egad!, you realize you didn’t have to delete, right? If you just move it, you can then bring stuff back in a little at a time and figure out the culprit.

In any event, Good luck!

Hi @Xitoroman,
To help keep the forum organized, I’ve moved your topic into #bugs-and-issues:performance
This area is for issues of loading, installing, updating, MSFS.
Thanks!

yep, but I wanted to clean it up cuz I had a lot of useless sceneries. It sucks that I had to reinstall the whole game.

Thank you!

1 Like

I just received this message for the first time when trying to download the update for Wycombe Air Park by Pilot Plus.

I manually deleted the airport, deleted the content.xml file, relaunched the sim, then started the download, which is now the full airport rather than the smaller patch. That allowed it to download without any errors.

Today I installed the various updates that were released in the last week or so. After the sim started I used the content manager to add (but not install) the A32NX and World Update 4 just so I wouldn’t have to in the future. However, after closing the sim and restarting it (as I always do after an update) I received the “Failed to read from file” error during the start. Closing the error causes a crash to desktop. I’ve tried various solutions such as unloading my community folder, deleting the content.xml, repairing the application through the Windows settings, and changing Windows language settings (as suggested on other threads I’ve read). None of these have worked and if I can’t find a solution I hope installing the next update that will be released will solve the problem.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.