Failure of MSFS 2020 to load an add-on

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Brief description of the issue:

I purchased an add-on for a Cessna 182 through MSFS 2020. When I start the program, it fails to load the add-on. I have tried deleting and reloading, no satisfaction.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant: Using a Dell gaming computer.

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

what exactly mean “failed to load” ?..

May be… have you dx12 (beta) enabled ? … I remember some issues with the 182… but’s a while ago…

the add-on isnt shown as an aircraft available. I have tried to delete the program and then reload. No improvement. It doesn’t happen every time I start it up. But it does happen enough that I suspect there is a problem with the reload feature of MSFS 2020.

no each time ?? … hmmm… as mentioned, I have only the old dx12 stuff in mind, just try the normal dx11 setting if you use dx12(beta).

And… as you removed the add-on, have you manually removed the add-on folder ( somewhere in packages/official/… ) from disc ?

No, I haven’t and I will try now. What is dx12?

this setting is meant: ( general options → graphics → DirectX version )