Fake or at least random ratings on the marketplace?

Everyone that regularly or at least once in a while visits the forum or reddit knows that this “publisher” mscenery offers nothing but straight up trash, they released several aircraft from whose several were incompatible to each other and there was even some copyright infringement if i am not mistaken. How is that rating possible? its garbage and being rated better than the mb339, f15 and the crj? on par with the spitfire? I’d like to have some transparency of how these ratings are concluded, are bad reviews deleted like on simmarket? Or is it just buggy?

4 Likes

It’s because it’s now on Xbox and there are very limited options on the sim marketplace over here, so folks are generally just excited to have new stuff to fly hence they leave a good rating because it seems cool compared to all the defaults we’ve been flying. It just came not long ago to Xbox so that’s why the ratings are increasing. Same with the Bedok 737Max, just came a few days ago.

Cheers

Edit: my bad though you put an image of the typhoon. Still, same principle in general. But this plane isn’t available on Xbox yet my mistake.

2 Likes

I would expect that the XBox crowd in general is less discriminating because there are probably more newbies and more casual players. Therefore they might accept stuff that a hardened simmer finds awful. And I don’t expect many of the long-time simmers to switch to XBox.

Additionally the Bredok3D 737, as well as the VirtualCol E-Jet seem to have a solid base of followers. The fact that there are tons of liveries on flightsim.to for both of them (B737: 197, E-Jet: 44), shows that those planes are being flown.

1 Like

Okay that makes sense. For some reason I was convinced that we had PC/Xbox- only ratings as there are several addons available for PC that aren’t available for xbox (yet). My bad! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’ know the plane at all, but 3.4 is not exactly a recommendation to buy it based on the marketplace rating.

Remember you have to give one star at least, so 3.4 is not very good in a 4-star- ranged rating system that truly only ranges from 1 to 5.

To pinpoint that this plane is rated good because of Xbox players is just sad prejudices. It’s not rated good at all so any further thought processes on why it’s rated good, when it’s not rated good make no sense (at least to me).

I would personally NOT buy any plane that is rated below 4 at least, which would pinpoint it has a 75% rating which enters the territory of it being any good in regards to marketplace ratings…

I would not just buy an addon based on the rating in Marketplace. I always look at independent online reviews and Youtube videos before making a purchase.

5 Likes

I’ve made several bad reviews on Simmarket & they’ve never appeared. No foul language, just honest reviews to inform the Sim family.

Corruption
Is
Everywhere

2 Likes

Look how bad the ratings for the Mooney M20 are.
Makes it looks like the WORST PLANE EVER way worse than the Bredok or the A-10…

But in fact it´s the best prop plane out there after two cockpit modifications (foot rests and EDM800 gauge).

Never look at the rating, but always watch some YouTube videos and read some reviews. :wink:

3 Likes

Yes correct, my issue isn’t that the A10 is on 3.4 but the other planes who are objectively better (by far) are even rated lower, there are only a few planes that have a “normal” looking rating and generally “good” aircraft are rated at the same level as that A10, seemed off for me. I mean if the A10 gets a 3.4 then the M339 should have a 4.7 for example but its sitting on 3.1

that is odd indeed.

I think I must examine this further…I just looked at some ratings they seem rather strange to me now as well.

Not sure what to make of it.

The A-10 is definitely not on the XBOX market place. Not in the US at least.

1 Like

I love flying the Mooney !

But It doesn’t have the MSFS Pilot Avatars and no ingame checklist which when I rate planes is at least one star deduction that the developers could easily avoid by just providing the basics…

2.7 however is rather sad.
It’s not available on Xbox btw !
So it cannot be the Xboxers this time…

btw, as zer0science ponted out, the A-10 is not even available on Xbox.
So people will have to find a new explanation for the ratings :wink:

2 Likes

My bad I though it was the typhoon :man_facepalming:

Whoops

1 Like

Maybe its faulty in some way that it only calculates the average of the last 8 ratings or sth like that

3.4 is still higher than what flight Sim gets on steam hahah

That has always been the problem with an “average” it can skew reality. I never used an “average” when calculating statistics for capacity planning. Single or even a couple low scores, or high scores can make something look bad or good, if you have a low sample size. I would much prefer to use a mean which will show what happens “the majority” of the time. Its like if I asked, “how long does it take you to drive to work?” Twice it took you 30 minutes. But once you ran out of gas, and had to push the car to work and it took you 4 hours. You really dont want to “average” how long it takes to get to work. Lol.

1 Like

As others have said. ‘PC only’.

yea something is off here, yesterday there were 94 votes and a 3.4 rating, now i guess 7 bad reviews got deleted to increase the overall rating? or does the marketplace only show ratings from a certain region

What is does at least SEEM to do is reset occasionally forget old reviews and start counting again with just new ones.

1 Like

Or, maybe just because one person doesn’t like an addon, doesn’t mean the rest of the buyers have the same opinion. It’s probably just that.