False advertising?

False advertising? That’s ridiculous.

3 Likes

There’s a big different between flicking through different aircraft and weather and simulating the speed you can change them. That’s lawful and done in almost every single advertisement, otherwise we would have to sit through 10 minute commercials while somebody skips through a menu system and loads a new flight. ■■■■■.

However, you can’t just show a fake product under the excuse of ‘what it’s capable of’… under that theory, a car company just just show a car that runs on water and can fly, because ‘potentially this model car will get to that one day’… you can’t show a TV that displays 60K super mega hologram ultra HD that doesn’t exists yet just because one day we’ll be capable of it.

The same as You can’t show us screenShots of a simulator that just don’t even exist. And if it exists in the trailer, it clearly has been rendered and made, why is it not in the sim? They can’t figure out how to keep the frame rate up with it? The majority won’t have good enough download speed? Who knows, but it’s advertised in the official screenshots, yet it looks nothing like it! Not even close.

I purchase the sim on the proviso that it would look like that. The same false advertising that if it looked worse than xPlane, or even the same, then I wouldn’t have purchased it. That’s false advertising my friend. They are deceiving us into buying a product that doesn’t not deliver what is advertised…

12 Likes

Congratulations on being able to install it.

3 Likes

this is not weather this is absent coral mask

1 Like

Yes it’s false advertising. Shame on you MS/ Asobo for this filthy move

7 Likes

Please read again what I wrote. “WATER MASK”! Not weather mask.

By the way, there’s no such thing as a coral mask…

3 Likes

Sorry I’m late everyone, I had to go get my violin out of storage to play a sad song for everyone crying in this topic.

1 Like

Well, aren’t you lucky the strings were not broke! Cheers.

I believe the water masks that were in the trailer haven’t yet made it to the published version yet. It’s not false advertising, that water mask will be in-game once they’re ready to release more water mask updates. I saw nothing in the video that stated the build number, so you cannot and should not assume current build.

2 Likes

You guys are seriously bored looking for every single imperfection. Just watch the video from Asobo. Water masks are being updated manually and constantly. They will make it in the next update. Also satellite imagery gets updated and world will be changing. Like they said, if new image was taken during a high tide, some water masks may disappear. Now what do you prefer? An outdated image of an area with beautiful water or more recent image without it? There will be changes like that all the time. Do you want them to keep changing the trailers to reflect every change?
I understand people raising serious concern, but this is just nitpicking.

3 Likes

Wasn’t it stated all the official trailer footage was from a “promotional beta”?

I’m bored waiting for multi screen, VR, helicopters and gliders and a better flight model, the pretty pictures are awesome but just pictures.

1 Like
  • It was already explained, mask are updated manually. if Bing map change, the current content will change.
  • Many water mask are in the sim currently like below
  • Frame rate and download have nothing to do with masking, 0 relation.
  • Q&A explain how this works and why some are sill not in yet, there is no secret.

Worst then x-plane, yes see the water wave change according to the wind speed (70 motions type) from clam to heavy, white cap, colour change with clouds thickness, heights, angle and such, xplane is far away, not even close.

These are in the current sim and there is more. More on World Update is coming!

11 Likes

what is false is the refund policy I was told no refunds on digital products but the website says they do and its just a merry go around tring to get any resoultion.

They said in the Q&A that the water masking, effects like water splashes, contrails, vortices, etc. Are all coming in the near future. They’re working on top priorities first then focus on the rest

1 Like

you’re such a tease with these sweet looking images lol. Can’t wait until they are ready to update the water in such areas.

Just in case you are not aware, these watermask are already available and visible in the sim working for everyone, same as archachon from first earlier trailer.

1 Like

Do you mean already there but haven’t masked them yet if so yes im aware. I saw a bit of masking when I flew around Larnaca and Limassol Cyprus.

• These screenshots I uploaded are already in the sim working for everyone

Watermasking won’t be available word wide, some of Bing are not enough good and have tiles\glitch\clouds, they will add only those can works, unless they update Bing or add new augmented shallow system for area which are not usable from Bing.

2 Likes

Ah ok yes i remember them saying this, thanks for the reminder.