Famous Flyer 07: Mitsubishi Heavy Industries MU-2

Please use this thread to post your impressions and feedback about the Mitsubishi Heavy Industries MU-2, available now from the in-sim Marketplace for USD $14.99.

If you have any bugs related to this plane to report, please create a new thread in the Bug Reports & Wishlist section of the forum with the tag mitsubishi-mu-2.

A PDF manual and Quick Reference Card for this aircraft are available on our manuals page here.

Update (2023-11-16)

A new update to the Mitsubishi Heavy Industries MU-2 (v1.0.18) is now available from Content Manager. Please see the release notes below:

• Adjusted aircraft take-off characteristics based on player feedback.
  • Added a second GPS unit so pilots can use two Com/Nav radios.
  • Fixed an issue with the heading selector.
  • Added window de-icing.
  • Fixed an issue where the windshield de-ice switch didn’t affect rate of change of cell ice accumulation.
  • Fixed incorrect tooltip labelling on “Pitch / Aileron Trim”
  • Fixed an issue where the EFB glass cockpit selection was reversed (Green “Yes” corresponded to Classic/no glass cockpit).
  • Fixed the MU-2 being miscategorized as Propeller in the aircraft selection UI. It is now correctly categorized as a Turboprop.
13 Likes

Can’t download it, the purchase fails, and it says I already own it now. But it’s not available anywhere to download.

I confirmed your purchase did go through and added the MU-2 to your Content Manager!

5 Likes

I’ve also issues. Paying process was succesful, but no download option. I’ve opend a request .

We are currently looking into this issue. Thank you for the report!

I have been waiting for this plane for a while! So excited to get home and fly it, definitely one of my favorites! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you, however it’s not showing up in my content manager.
I will restart the sim and look again.

Should show up on a restart but please let me know, Cheers.

For reference I am on the Beta.

1 Like

As someone with a truckload of time on these engines in a very similar aircraft, this is absolutely terrible. Between the absolutely abysmal engine logic, the lack of a complete avionics suite, the sounds being painfully quiet, needing full back to takeoff, being too slow, and having no stall whatsoever, I recommend avoiding this. It’s pretty and that’s the one good thing I can say about it. The rest leaves me very disappointed.

26 Likes

Add me to the list of those unable to download currently. Thanks for looking into it. Xbox Series X.

Hello @Red81Trekker,

Are you using the Sim Update 13 live build or the Sim Update 14 beta?

Thanks,
MSFS Team

After restarting, it now shows up in my content manager.
Thank you.

4 Likes

I can’t get this one started following the checklists. I’m in the SU14 beta. The engine starter just doesn’t do anything. The phone on board has a Takeoff Configuration button which makes some sounds in the cockpit, but the engines don’t budge. Edit: Ctrl+E worked, though it took a while for the engines to start spinning.

Silly suggestion but whenever I find myself unable to start an engine …I have to recheck the fuel tank selector.

1 Like

True, I’ve found two planes like that in the past. Cessna 182, and the Dornier Do J.
They were eventually corrected however.

That’s a real shame, I thought it looked pretty nice from the description and video. Oh well, plenty of great turboprops coming out now.

Looks like it got released today and I’m curious about this plane as I’m a big fan of this category (twin otter, etc.)

1 Like

I’ve bought it but don’t have time to fly it until after work. When I right-click my mouse, it causes the GPS to power cycle and it has to go through the self-test. I use right-click and hold to move my view around so that’s a problem.

wu15 not out yet ?

1 Like