Famous Flyer IV: Antonov An-225 Mriya (Now available on Xbox)

Hi Tom,

Excellent, glad to hear!

Best,
Raul

1 Like

Hi!

During Easter Iā€™ve managed to complete some flights using the Antonov 225, however when I contacted the Ground ATC after landing I wasnā€™t offered any parking options, not even at EDDP, which is supposed to be its current base.

Is this happening to anyone else? Is there any solution?

1 Like

The AN-225 is a special beast. Most airport parking is below the required wing length, even for heavy aircraft. This might be why youā€™re not being offered any parking as none is suitable. Might have to park yourself or create custom spots for the AN-225. Just my guess from airport editing.

2 Likes

Hello, I have problems following the flight plan with this plane. Sometimes it fails and the plane does not follow the flight plan route.

For example, in one case it happened to me that after loading the departure in the flight plan in the menu, the plane was not able to follow the departure, I repeated the process again and the same thing happened

Another mistake that happened to me is that in the middle of the flight plan, it was not able to follow the established route and it went straight instead of continuing the flight plan route as if there was some discontinuity (which there wasnā€™t) because it always did. I check

It seems that the plane has problems to follow the navigation with the autopilot on certain occasions, thus failing the game experience

also the plane has failures in the ILS intercept, setting the ILS COURSE and frequency to NAV1 and activating the approach modes PC+ VL is not able to intercept the ILS since it is decentered from the runway and flies to a different point

(I have to say that I am not a newbie) I fly with planes like PMDG and FENIX without any kind of problem, but I think this plane is not very polished, and it is a pity that the Autopilot fails in Navigation and ILS on certain occasions, ruining your experience flight

Does anyone else have these problems?

Does anyone know if an integration with simbrief is planned? Thanks

2 Likes

Hi folks, does anybody know where are the fuel gauges in the aircraft ? I canā€™t figure how much I have in my tanks without the microsft fuel pannel in the toolbar. :sweat_smile:

Have you looked at the back part of the cockpit?

There are controlboards for all kind of stuff

Yep I know, because Iā€™ved started C&D with manual checklist, and Iā€™am used to Concorde, wich is obviously completely different but wich also has an engineer panel and controlboards for all kind of stuff like you said :smiley: Iā€™ve clearely identified the electric part, the hydraulic/pumps part, the Nav/Com partā€¦ but yeah nothing with fuel thats crazy

sounds like youā€™re not entirely in nav mode. select that on the dial, then go to the little garmin unit. press the --Dā€“> button, ENT, ENT and it should automatically set course to the next nav point.

as for the ILS iā€™m not sure, Iā€™m still trying to figure out that one myself.

These are your fuel gauges:

3 Likes

ā– ā– ā– ā–  thank you, I donā€™t know how I missed it :smile:

3 Likes

You need to select the LAND mode on the nav radio on the overhead panel. Itā€™s set to nav by default.

2 Likes

Hi,

I was planning on doing a flight from LFBD to KSEA with the Antonov in order to unlock the Frequent Flyer Miles Achivement.

However, in my previous flights, they didnā€™t finish although followed the checklists (official and unofficial ones) to power off the plane.

So two questions:

• Do you know if I will get the achivement just by safely landing, parking and powering off the plane even if I donā€™t manage to finish the flight?
  • Do you know hoe to finish flights with the Antonov (i.e. the flight summary windows pops up when powering off)?

Thanks!

Off topic: Back in the day when I finished the achievements you had to use one of the built-in planes to unlock Frequent Flyer. Not sure you can do it with the Antonov at all.

2 Likes

I have exactly the same issue, Iā€™ve watch a lot of tutorials on this plane, read the manual, I follow the check lists (and honestly itā€™s not that hard when you come from another particular plane like concorde) but if I start C&D it wonā€™t follow the plan Iā€™ve configure in the menu. Not at all. The only way Iā€™ve found to make the AP follow the GPS is to go in the garmin and click in the pcr page ā€œactivate approcheā€. then it will ignore all the waypoint Iā€™ve planned to go directly to the ILS of the airport. It the only way for me to get the AP follow the GPS, however HDG mode works fine. I guess it is a bug of the current build of the airplane.
[EDIT: My appologies, itā€™s not a bug, itā€™s me. You have to put this instrument on the overhead panel to ā€œrouteā€, by default itā€™s on ā€œILSā€, thatā€™s why it wonā€™t follow the plan !! For my excuse it does not appear in any checklist or in the inibuilds manualā€¦]
[EDIT 2 : NEVERMIND it continues to do anything it want appart from following the GPS, Iā€™m tired of this plane.]

I have problems with the glideslope on Xbox series x. The plane does not sink. I switched to land mode on the overhead panel and appr mode on the Autopilot panel. The localizer works fine, but not the glideslope. What am I doing wrong?

Curious how is the performance on this plane now with the WASM in sync with the PC. Does this plane run on the GPU now or is it entirely CPU bound still? If itā€™s still CPU bound is there a planned update any time soon to get better performance out of the plane?

1 Like

The Xbox WASM fixes in WU13 have worked and now this plane is finally working for me. The various problems with battery switches, throttles, windscreen wipers, tablet, and cargo door are all resolved and finally I can use this product I bought weeks ago.

I didnā€™t have to do anything special, just WU13 updated and then this is working.

2 Likes

An update to the An-225 is now available from the Content Manager. Please see the release notes below.

Thanks,
MSFS Team

Famous Flyer IV: Antonov An-225 Mriya v1.0.5

• Sound improvements based on new audio recordings.
  • Added additional functionality to the autopilot based on community feedback.
  • Fixed an issue where various switches clipped into their sockets.
  • The APUs now consume fuel
  • The ENG HEAT switches no longer clip their guards.
  • The APU master switches are now off when spawning on the runway.
  • Tooltip has been added to the captainā€™s backup altimeterā€™s baro knob.
  • Using the Set Altimeter command now syncs the navigatorā€™s backup altimeter to the captainā€™s.
  • The orange bug on the airspeed indicator is now visible regardless of the landing gearā€™s state.
  • Fixed an issue with the Arm Spoilers key binding.
  • The copilotā€™s backup altimeter is now lit at night.
  • Fixed an issue where precipitation was coming through the cockpit.
26 Likes

WHAT additional functionality?

18 Likes

Since the update l have no external sound.