Famous Flyer IV: Antonov An-225 Mriya (Now available on Xbox)

Please use this thread to post your impressions and feedback about the Antonov An-225 Mriya, available now from the in-sim Marketplace for USD $19.99. All sales proceeds go to the Antonov Corporation to re-build the real version of this plane. You can read more about this new Famous Flyer here.

If you have any bugs related to this plane to report, please create a new thread in the Bug Reports & Wishlist section of the forum with the tag #antonov-an-225

See our Aircraft Manuals page for the latest available manual for the Antonov AN-225: Aircraft Manuals - Microsoft Flight Simulator

UPDATE (2023-03-21):
The Antonov An-225 is now available on Xbox! As this plane uses the WASM add-on, please see our FAQ linked below.

WASM Support FAQ – Microsoft Flight Simulator Support (zendesk.com)

UPDATE (2023-05-11):
An update to the An-225 is now available from the Content Manager. Please see the release notes below.

Famous Flyer IV: Antonov An-225 Mriya v1.0.5

• Sound improvements based on new audio recordings.
  • Added additional functionality to the autopilot based on community feedback.
  • Fixed an issue where various switches clipped into their sockets.
  • The APUs now consume fuel
  • The ENG HEAT switches no longer clip their guards.
  • The APU master switches are now off when spawning on the runway.
  • Tooltip has been added to the captain’s backup altimeter’s baro knob.
  • Using the Set Altimeter command now syncs the navigator’s backup altimeter to the captain’s.
  • The orange bug on the airspeed indicator is now visible regardless of the landing gear’s state.
  • Fixed an issue with the Arm Spoilers key binding.
  • The copilot’s backup altimeter is now lit at night.
  • Fixed an issue where precipitation was coming through the cockpit.
39 Likes

Was waiting for it all year thank you! But, I see it but can’t buy it. Can anyone buy it? I am on Windows . I do not have any transaction pending (my last purchase was 4 months ago for the Reno racing expansion pack):

2 Likes

Just got it. Trying to set up throttles.

8 Likes

Pilot of the one taxing in the back ground. Great ! Have to go the long way round then I guess !?

:wink:

15 Likes

wow… i am so envy… hope it will come to xbox with the WASM update for xbox

6 Likes

There is a 50 page manual included.

9 Likes

Just bought it although I probably will not fly it much. Slava Ukraini!

26 Likes

Hello @AceForce11998,

Sorry to hear you’re having this issue. In certain rare circumstances, this can happen with Marketplace purchases. Please create a ticket for our support team via Zendesk, and they’ll be able to resolve this for you.

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Thanks,
MSFS Team

4 Likes

Instant buy.

10 Likes

Bought it. Frame rates are about half what I get in the PMDG 737, and as I was taxiing out I had a CTD. I’ll give it another try later. It’s a cool plane for sure, and hope it works. I’d also like a version with all English labels and western instruments (altimeter in ft for example). I know the tablet has an option for English, but it only changes a few things.

1 Like

Personal Comments and Observations

Heh, there were already challenges trying to find airports that could support AI instances of the A380 model, but here, hold my Horlika! :sunglasses:

11 Likes

What about Lukla? :wink:

5 Likes

The cockpit cam is bugged when the nose is down

4 Likes

Isn’t there one in the US with a 50ft drop halfway down the runway IRL can never remember the name, it’s flat in sim though.

Yep, I was just saying on a different Discord, I’m waiting for the YT and Tik videos of someone flipping the jet into a perfect landing spot at Lukla or St. Bart’s.

8 Likes

Thanks to everyone who made this project possible.
When the AN225 is in the air again, all of us who contribute a bit for this plane to fly again, we will know that it is our AN225, that is, of the World, I am sorry to tell you, Mr. Antonov, but you will be the caretaker of the plane that will belong to the whole World

8 Likes

Chewwy has the iniBuilds developer on his Twitch stream right now. The plane looks pretty impressively modeled. And definitely not a Boeing or Airbus. There’s lots to learn.

4 Likes

Thank you Jorg and the whole MS/Asobo team and everybody involved, to make this possible! This is not about flightsimulation on a PC. This project means much much more than that!

29 Likes

W24. Falwell airport outside of Lynchburg, VA

2 Likes

Is there any mention of profits being dedicated to victims of the war? That would be a nice gesture.

1 Like