Famous Flyer IV: Antonov An-225 Mriya (Now available on Xbox)

Are there any updates planned? the autopilot needs some work, it struggles to hold altitude in turns and the turns are way too snappy.

How is the handling for the plane? Heard from this guy that is too easy to fly making it unrealistic.

Would really like to buy one, but everything must be close to real life as possible.
Any other problem I should be aware of?

Today I realized a huge deficiency that the plane has and also a new bug discovered by me and a discrepancy with the radio altimeter.

The plane does not have a wing/slat defrosting system and in addition the cabin windows do not freeze regardless of the status of the window heating switch.

The switch is the width to the left of the pitot tube 1 switch according to this video that I put below, I assume that it is that because above it is the information on the slats, engines and tail that defrosts.

Regarding the radio altimeter, it always reads above 0 meters, 5 meters specifically, try to land without gear to test and there is only 1 meter difference.

Check the radio altimeter in the video.

1 Like

Did you report these findings to inibuilds? I would do so here as a formal bug, and on their forums.

It would be nice if it could have a few updates now it’s been out for a while.

1 Like

A new update to this plane is now available from Content Manager. Please see here for the release notes:

Thanks,
MSFS Team

6 Likes

The new update does not solve the battery problem, at least on Xbox…
It is a little disappointing that a year later we receive a new update and only those corrections, when I have listed the problems that the plane has, I will leave them again, but I don’t think it will get anywhere.

Navigator HSI is misaligned in HAB mode;
The battery order problem;
The left apu shows incorrect text on one of the screens when reaching 100% compared to the right one;
The trim problem, each manual click, 0.3º increments;
The radio altimeter shows an elevation of 5 meters instead of 0 meters.
The windows never freeze;

New features/deficiencies:
The plane lacks an anti-icing system;
There is no way to deactivate the buttons for the selected navigation type (hab, etc…) in pilot/first officer/navigator, when the plane once enters the world, they are deactivated.

1 Like

There is an anti icing system??! Doesn’t not work?

Dear iniBuilds Team,
-bug of the Cur Wgt when loading the “Boiler”

-side windows show the water flow from top to bottom in flight and not left to right/right to left

-cargo window: you can look in from the outside, but not out from the inside

-dust/water particle swirling not on both main landing gears
-engine sounds quieter than starting APUs
-fuel crossfeed does not work
-AP causes hectic movements, like in a small Cessna
-setting the altimeter is inaccurate
-daylight penetrates the cabin (there are no windows there)
-when the engines are warming up from 75% power, the aircraft slowly moves backwards when vibrating, despite the parking brake being activated and after the last update (v1.0.8) there is no longer any vibration in the cockpit
-no proper cold & dark, with all switches off and/or turned back
-arming speed brakes before takeoff/landing is not always intuitive
-brightness control not possible for all instruments
-left windshield wiper silent on first level (bug came with one of the first updates)
-bare, heated surfaces on the wings, on the fins and the elevators with no visual change when anti-ice on/auto

-windshield heating always switched on in the background? (no icing possible)
-something is wrong with the labeling of the nose gear tires
-when kneeling: the wheels of the nose gear rotate at the speed of the “fast mode” PLEASE ADJUST THIS SPEED TO THE “realistic mode”! (they rotate much too quickly when simulated in real time)
-also when kneeling: the nose gear on the real Mriya was in the air at the end and had not touched the ground (stood on the stilts)
-the stilts of the loading ramp must also touch the ground at the end (screw out until they touch the ground)
-rotor blades do not rotate in the wind and come to a stop much too quickly after the engines are switched off
-faulty animation of the rest cover linkage set of the main gear and animation much too fast
-no heat blur on the APUs
-moving the on-board loading crane to the rear area so that it matches the height of the existing cargo

3 Likes

last but not least: there is a letter missing in the translation “FORWAR”(forward)

:slightly_smiling_face:

Best regards

2 Likes

Was considering this, but NO. Thanks to you money save. :thinking: :fist_right::fist_left:

Recommend filing bug reports both here, and also highlighting these issues on the official inibuilds forums. (The latter just because multiple developers have stated that they don’t receive timely, or sometimes any, actual notification of bugs filed here on these forums…it’s a redundancy).

I had already spoken to iniBuilts about this. They told me that it is a Microsoft product and that they only do it if a Microsoft team reports the bugs to them.

Got it, sounds like you’ll be making multiple reports in the forums here then using the official forums (if you haven’t done so already).

If this is true, this is seriously awesome! We helped make this happen!

“The work was financed from a special Mriya restoration fund worth US$3 million. The company received most of the money as royalties from the sales of add-ons for the Microsoft Flight Simulator game that feature the An-225 aircraft.”

13 Likes