FBW 32NX sluggish on turning when taxiing or on takeoff and landing rolls

On Development release version with the nosewheel steering update I cannot get it to respond reasonably to rudder inputs. I’m wishing to keep flying using the auto rudder steering. This I have enabled in the Sims Assist area. In the Flypad I’ve disabled the Separate rudder/steering option.

I would think the aircraft should again respond promptly to control inputs but it is very sluggish and keeps running off the runway. I look like a drunk pilot trying to keep the aircraft on the taxiway or runway.

It is recommended to turn off all assistance functions because they can interfere with custom systems. I’ve seen some very strange things by users when they had these kinds of functions on.

In the end you will also not need the auto rudder function of the sim because the A320 also in real life has automatic turn coordination so there is anyhow no need for rudder input. The only situation where the rudder is used is one engine out operations or cross wind landing.

320 Sim Pilot’s youtube video on the tiller says it lags in real life and has been replicated quite well by FBW. Maybe they’ve tried to reproduce the same behaviour when using rudder pedals rather than a separate control?

If you keep an eye on the tiller control you can see quite clearly the steering doesn’t respond immediately. If the link doesn’t work correctly, it’s about 8 mins in.

Thanks for the suggestions. I did try turning off rudder steering in the sim setting to see if it improved handling. I guess I’ll have to set up the nose-wheel steering to see if it handles better that way, but I really didn’t want to add another controller to my system. I did watch the video from 320 sim pilot that I have been subscribed to for some time. Thanks though BeardyBrun, I stopped just before that point in your link. I’m sure that this accounts for some of the delay, but I seem to get much more delay than it appears on the video. I’ll have to experiment further and see what I find out.

Ok…so with further experimenting and your suggestions I did find the problem. I did, in fact, have to turn off Rudder-Steering in the simulator (thanks AGuther). I also increased deadzone to about 19 although not sure if it was needed.

The behavior I experienced with the rudder-steering assist active was that the plane initially veered the opposite direction before turning the correct direction. This, combined with the delay made control nearly impossible. Turning off rudder-steering cleared this wrong-direction veering so the aircraft responded correctly in the correct direction.

Thanks for your help!

Hi there, I appear to be having the same issue as you. Where can I locate “Rudder-Steering” in the simulator?

Thanks in advance!

I believe he is referring to the “Auto-Rudder” option under the “Assistance” menu. I too had these turning issues, and turning this off.l resolved it. Hope this helps.

I also had the same issue. On last update auto rudder became turned on. Disabling it did the trick