FBW A320 Autopilot stuck at Waypoint

Hey Guys,

Today, I started using the FBW A320 and also started creating own flight plans.

Making flight plans and how to get them into the “planes system” is no problem for me.

The real Problem is, that since I started using own flight plans, my Autopilot just always sticks to the first or second Waypoint, after my Departure SID. This means, on my Radar (See the example photo below), on the upper right, one Waypoint is “chosen” and It doesnt follow my flight plan and stays on this Waypoint.

Had no Idea yet, what this could be, so I thought somebody could help me here.

Exanple 1

If you look at your flight in the MCDU is there a discontinuity showing? Typically if you don’t have a waypoint in your plan that aligns with the end of your SID, or there is a vector/manual sequence, there will be a discontinuity. You need to connect the end of the SID to the rest of your plan or vector yourself to your next waypoint and continue from there. If you can show a screenshot of your flight plan page that would help.

So I started a new Flight and tried to recreate everything, so that I can show you the Ingame Flight Plan. It has a discontinuity, if Im right. Only thing im questuening is, why is there a discontinuity, even when I chose the correct SID with the first Waypoint in my Flight plan. Aswell is a discontinuity at the STAR.

Here little Video so you can hopefully get your own View

I’d recommend reviewing this page in the FBW docs: Discontinuities - FlyByWire Simulations Documentation

Discontinuities are a normal part of the flight plan not just for Airbus but also Boeing and other aircraft. If you’re not vectoring yourself and are not being vectored by ATC (e.g. Vatsim) you can just delete the discontinuity using the CLR key, which will directly connect the two waypoints together and the aircraft will follow the plan on NAV mode just fine. Just take care on some SIDs and STARs where direct-to is not really expected and there’s a good amount of vectoring that would usually occur (could be sharp angles, terrain, etc.). Usually you’re fine to delete it though.

Okay,

I will try this now, but thank you!