FBW a320 Custom ILS issues

I am using the custom a320 by FBW however every time I’ve used it the ILS takes me so far away from the runway that I have to manually line it up. For instance this last flight I was lined then bam it went about 100 feet to the right of the runway.

Also when I try and get the glide scope it only turns green if I turn off the autopilot but then it doesn’t do anything as far as descending the plane.

Does anyone know of a fix for these things?

Huh… I thought I already answered this topic.

Which airport and runway are you going to? I might help you out and test it myself.

I watched your video you posted and followed it exactly and it still was doing it for me. I even reinstalled the plane thinking that would help. This last time is was KLAS and runway 01L.

The only thing I can think of is I used the Altimeter from the sky pad which said 2983 I out that in the MCDU as 29.83. And after I was approaching ATC gave me 29.77 so I switched it to that and it went haywire.

allright, let’s try this… Hopefully things go well.

Got disconnected, here’s the new link.

I tried to land on 1L at KLAS a couple days ago and the FBW320 didn’t pick up the vertical guidance on the ILS so I hand flew it down from 10 miles out. I don’t know if its a problem with 1L but the FBW team are often tinkering with things and sometimes stuff just doesn’t work. It also wouldn’t be the first time I saw no vertical guidance on ILS approaches for a couple days. Maybe ask over on their Discord?

fly KSAN to KLAX 25R via TRNDO and ILS puts me exactly on the runway

As the video above shows, I have no issue doing ILS approach to 1L. I’m on the latest custom experimental version that I updated prior to starting the flight, and I’m also using navigraph.

@HangingClowns21, since there’s no issues for me, it might have something to do with your setup. Have you checked your flight model, and assists. make sure they’re set to modern and hard/true to life respectively. Also check your deadzones. Make sure there’s no phantom inputs feeing your aircraft with false control inputs.

1 Like

I’m maybe wondering if it has something to do with the TCA sidestick and throttle. Because prior to using that when I was using the honeycomb yoke I never had the issue then when I switched to the sidestick I’ve had the issue on every flight.

If you still have the yoke, did you try using it again to see if the ILS issue is actually tied to the TCA?

I am also using the TCA sidestick and Throttle. Have you checked your deadzones?

I will double check them. I had watched 320 Sim Pilot’s video on his sidestick setup and dead zones and followed it.

I’m wondering if maybe my model is messed up because I’m your video you have the the little information plate next to the ECAM that tells you the speed for flaps and mine does not have that.

Also just to make sure maybe I’m using the wrong version but I am getting the one on the GitHub under “Unstable master branch build (with custom FBW)

I reinstalled the plane and I’m still having the issue where the glide scope does not turn green unless I take the autopilot off. So I have no idea what I’m doing different than you.

You have made sure your assists are on hard/true to life right? and your AI copilot control is off. Because assists will interfere with the autopilot systems.

Yes I double checked the only assist I have on is for the taxi ribbon and the auto rudder for take off.

Ehh… weird… maybe it’s an issue with the default navdata. I’m using navigraph which fixes a lot of ILS localiser issues.

It could be all this is a new occurrence since the last update.

All my videos are after the last update. But as I said, it might have something to do with their recent AIRAC navdata update that was a part of the World Update 3.

Navdata AIRAC cycles are updated every 28 days. But the Sim updates the navdata a bit less frequent. If there’s an issue with the navdata, then everyone without the navigraph mod will be having the same issue.

1 Like

Yeah that makes sense. I was thinking of removing the custom FBW mod and using the developer version just to see if I still have the same issue.

give it a go, see how it behaves in the dev version… My guess would be the same if it’s a nav issue.