FBW A320neo locked nosewheel?

Hi, is it possible the nosewheel of the FBW A320neo gets locked? I landed at Jersey, but at the end of the runway I couldn’t get the aircraft to turn. I was at a full stop. The tiller itself moved, but as I increased thrust, the plane kept going on straight ahead. (After the landing I had to brake hard, could overheating be a problem?)

Had you turned off the autopilot?

1 Like

Overheating is not the issue.
As above, autopilot off?
Pilot assists off?

1 Like

Yes, my autopilot was off. But I’m going to have to check my pilot assists. Normally they are all turned off, but as you mention it, during this flight my radio kept switching frequencies on its own. So maybe the AI radio communications and other options switched themselves on… Thanks, I will have a look later today to see if that’s the case.

1 Like

So, I had a look… All pilot assists are off. Which now makes me doubt my statement that I had switched off the autopilot. I must have left it on. :woozy_face:

1 Like

I think the autopilot being on is the most likely cause, but there is aother possibility. I once went to turn on the brake fans as my brakes were hot. I flipped the wrong switch and turned off the anti skid instead. Lost my control of the nosewheel.

1 Like