FBW A32NX EXP-May 26th 2022- Latest Update Broke Instrumentation Labelling in Flightdeck [FIXED]

FBW’s latest update May 26th 2022. This was observed:

Anyone else with this issue? Thanks.

A closer look:

It will be back don’t worry. I had this happen once and it looked like it came fresh out of Blender. Waited about a day and I was back up and running. This happens sometimes.

Notify the dev team on Discord please.

Thanks. I’m not worried. I just wanted to see if others are experiencing this, is all.

As far as Discord is concerned, my apologies- not a fan. I’ll leave it to others if they so desire. Cheers :slight_smile:

Aaaaaaand, its fixed. FBW team you’re amazing- Faster than a Darkstar reaching its max ceiling…

Too soon?

Do any of you see like a purple hue on the text boxes on the screens? Seems like we also lost the once great looking screens as well. They remind me of CRT monitors now. EXP version here as well. :neutral_face:

We made a mistake when rebasing experimental on top of master. Apologies for the inconvenience.

@KillerJackson82 this is intentional and done to mimic the IRL antiglare coating

That’s what I read in multiple forums. I have never seen it so prominently with real displays as it appears now in game. Perhaps through a camera or video lens but not from the naked eye. Perhaps it is just my eyes, have never seen that much under-glow/back-lighting or little white sparkly dots all over the place. Reminds me of an CRT monitor, not an LCD screen. Perhaps the purple effect many are referring to is from the glass itself, but you only pick that up at certain angles and in reflection of the any backdrop. Whites are white and what’s meant to be white is white and what is meant to be magenta is magenta, as far points on the ND. In all actuality towards the edges of the screens actually gets darker not brighter as it is currently being depicted in the sim.

Hopefully it will evolve to where you guys can model the glass differently than it is now to where the hue isn’t constantly present.

Nevertheless, great work everyone does on it!

:slight_smile:

I think they got it right.

It just looks purple/reddish due to color fringing, inherent in lower resolution displays. I have seen it IRL- as I used to work heavy maintenance on aircraft. I’ve also seen it in smaller pentile displays. However I too wish for the sim’s sake, it was toned down ever so slightly. Sometimes a bit less fidelity, is more.

A good example is the Fenix. I have added it to my hanger so-to-speak (along with the PMDG 737), But the worn cockpit just puts me off… And then I climb into the nice shiny FBW neo, and everything is right in the world again! LOL! Cheers.