FBW A32NX + FSLTL - no Traffic on Navigation / TCAS ON

:thinking: roger that - interesting, I think now a test with all traffic off and just FSLTL would help for comparison.

This is what I’m already showing in my screenshot.
ie. FSLTL was the only active traffic. (Every other kind of traffic was turned off.)

1 Like

SU 11 - 1.29.30.0

edit
test no 0987654321

PMDG 738 latest version + FSLTL traffic.
FL230 EGLL-EHAM

Everything ok so smth is wrong with FBW A32NX.

3 Likes

So, i also tried everything, with all diffrent versions.

Conclusion: TCAS does not work with FSLTL and Multiplayertraffic turned off! TCAS does not detect the FSLTL Traffic. Other Mods/Planes like FenixA320 and PMDG are able to detect the traffic like they are supposed to!

Maybe FBW will bring an Update vor the 32NX :slight_smile:

Thanks for your help everyone!

5 Likes

…TCAS also works properly in the new A310 in FS2020. I tried it yesterday and it correctly shows the traffic symbols and provides collision alerts when I fly close to en-route FSLTL traffic.

2 Likes

This is a sim bug acknowledged by Asobo.

See: AI aircraft generated airborne do not get returned with the GET_AIR_TRAFFIC Coherent call - MSFS DevSupport

2 Likes

Thanks for answering my questions on the FBW Discord about this and explaining with a little more detail for understanding. :+1:

I’d like to add that you mentioned there are multiple ways to call the information and the tech you choose for the TCAS currently has that bug in the sim.

1 Like

Let me clarify for those who do not have the insight into MSFS tech.

In simplified terms MSFS offers several technologies to implement aircraft systems. And for these technologies there are different APIs.

The two main ones are Coherent (Javascript) or WASM (compiled languages, mainly C++ or Rust).

Unfortunately these APIs do not offer the same functionality and also each has its own bugs and quirks.

In this particular case the Coherent API does not provide the required data for the FSLTL traffic (see bug report above). As the FlyByWire A32NX implemented TCAS in Coherent JavaScript it currently does not “see” the FSLTL (or any AI) traffic in the air

WASM build TCAS system do not seem to have this issue.

Hope that helps.

4 Likes

Thanks, that’s interesting! Finally someone has found the reason why we’re not getting en-route TCAS in some planes, while it is working well in others.
Question: Do you see any reason that would prevent FBW from using some WASM code in its TCAS processing instead of “Coherent”?

Basically effort - tcas is not a small system and we already put a lot of effort into implementing it.
Reimplementing it for a temporary MSFS issue seems unnecessary.

1 Like

Ok understood. Let’s hope that Asobo soon fix this issue – which has been “temporary” for quite a long time already :slightly_smiling_face:

OK, with the last Update 12 from asobo three days ago Microsoft has fixed this issue and now you can see AI traffic in the navigation display.

1 Like

Which aircraft cockpit are you seeing this in?

I can see it in FBW Aircraft A320 and in Sr22.

Wow – it’s true! This has made my day :smiley:
I tried it with FSLTL injected traffic, and then I did the same with AIG injected traffic.
Screenshots:

Everything also shows-up and matches on the VFR map (which wasn’t the case before).

1 Like