FBW A32NX + FSLTL - no Traffic on Navigation / TCAS ON

Hello Everyone,

i havent found anyone else who opened this topic - so i thought id ask.

I have FSLTL Traffic installed, as well as the FBW A32NX (i tried stable as well as the other variants).

FSLTL ist loading in the planes - i can see them on the ground an in the sky - i have my TCAS on and setup correctly.

But still the Navigation Display wont show any planes in the area.

Do i need to change anything or cant the A32NX Mod “see” the Traffic?

Thx!

Oliv3R

3 Likes

Have you switched TCAS to TA or TA/RA and also dialed to either ABV, BLW, or ALL (to see more of the traffic) on the TCAS ALT RPTG switch?

2 Likes

Me too Tcas not working with A320 nx DEV

1 Like

I’m pretty sure it has something to do with the aircraft being injected, maybe a simconnect issue? You will see them initially when you load the sim up, but as you get further from the location you spawned at, you stop seeing it. I have noticed the same thing. Kinda sucks, but I am sure they will fix it in time.

1 Like

I believe with the FBW you will only see planes on TCAS that are from the same airport you took off from.

The live or offline AI traffic data does show up; when flying on VATSIM or MSFS multiplayer; it also shows this traffic on the TCAS (as AI traffic), within a range. The route of AI doesn’t have to be the same as yours.

I’m currently on the developer version of the FBW A32N, while using the beta of MSFS and have it working on the last flights. I have removed FSLTL but have not disabled traffic.

This seems like an FSLTL issue or a very recent FBW update has an issue with TCAS. Another thing to check if on MSFS - stable or with the latest beta.

I cant see any aircraft anywhere in the skies or at airport… completely empty changed nothing but just updated.

I’m also going to check here in a bit with another developer version update but without FSLTL installed. I’ll post the result.

A quick TCAS system test, hello from the cockpit:

MSFS Version: Beta 1.30.9.0
FBW A32NX - Developer Version: 07674ec
PMDG 737-700: 3.0.49
Airport: EDDF - on the ground

MSFS Multiplayer: All Players - MP traffic showing on the TCAS

Live Traffic: Real-Time-Online - live traffic not showing on the TCAS
MSFS Multiplayer: Off

(There were MSFS live traffic aircraft at the airport and moving)

Offline AI - AI traffic not on the TCAS
AI Aircraft Traffic Type with 100% airport and ground density
MSFS Multiplayer: Off

VATSIM - VATSIM traffic showing on the TCAS
MSFS multiplayer: Off

1 Like

I Turned on the Livetraffic and now im getting something - im going to do a couple of flights to see if its accurate! Thx!

It appears currently AI traffic and traffic from live data are not being shown on the TCAS, only multiplayer traffic. I just tested in the PMDG 737 as well, same result. I am using the latest MSFS beta.

@oliv3r what version of MSFS are you on? And when you said you are getting something, what settings did you use? Do you have multiplayer on or off?

You are wrong mate :wink:

FBW Experimental

"built": "2023-01-01T19:29:27+00:00",
"ref": "refs/heads/experimental",
"sha": "ec49d28dea1d957059ff195d9695b2f18413388d",
"actor": "Saschl",
"event_name": "manual",
"pretty_release_name": "experimental:ec49d28d",
"version": "v0.10.0-exp.ec49d28"

MSFS real world air traffic

MSFS Multiplayer

FSLTL

VATSIM

PMDG 738

“content_type”: “AIRCRAFT”,
“title”: “PMDG 738”,
“manufacturer”: “Boeing”,
“creator”: “PMDG”,
“package_version”: “3.0.56”,
“minimum_game_version”: “1.30.7”,
“release_notes”: {
“neutral”: {
“LastUpdate”: “”,
“OlderHistory”: “”

PMDG 737-800 MSFS real world air traffic

PMDG 737-800 FSLTL
2 PMDG FSLTL

PMDG 737-800 VATSIM

PMDG 737-800 Multiplayer
No suport of multiplayer!

Hmn ill try the expiremental version again with fsltl…had no luck yesterday using stable and development version!

1 Like

What version of MSFS did you use for your check?

Ok I have just done that.
I confirm that once you are in an en-route phase, MSLTL traffic does not show up on the A32NX TCAS display.
In this attached screenshot taken at cruising altitude, you can see that I will soon collide into the back of another aircraft – generated by FSLTL.
Observation: Even though the automatic ATC voice is correctly alerting me with the aural message: “FBWSIM 1123, have the traffic”, and you can also see the plane through out of the window (and on LittleNavMap), the aircraft’s own TCAS is totally unaware!
Interestingly, the FSLTL aircraft ahead of the is also not showing up in the Asobo VFR map which is also open on my screen.
Conclusion: There is definitely a problem with FSLTL traffic not showing for both the TCAS and also for the VFR map :frowning:

3 Likes

confirm that once you are in an en-route phase, MSLTL traffic does not show up on the A32NX TCAS display.

And what version of MSFS are you using? So on the ground you see the FSLTL traffic?

Thanks for your test, interesting to see. I would like to check if this issue is specific to FSLTL or AI traffic (both live, offline, or FSLTL) in general?

Would you mind checking without FSLTL injection and just having AI sim traffic on (without multiplayer)? and checking the TCAS with the experimental - on both ground and en route, this should not make a difference, if working properly - thanks in advance!

Sim version: SU11
A32NX Experimental version

~ I never use Multiplayer traffic.
~ When I use Asobo’s Realtime Live Traffic the en-route traffic always shows on the TCAS & VFR map.
~ In the take-off phase (of this mission that you see here) I did see other FSLTL traffic on TCAS that had also just taken-off. But FSLTL aircraft that spawn at high altitude are not showing on anything, apart from LittleNavMap.

Sure, I can check these tomorrow maybe

1 Like

Another test (with giving the sim ample time for generating traffic) at EDDF with the PMDG 737-700 and FBW A32NX Developer Version: 07674ec

Updated the 737-700 to 3.0.56 (previous test was with 3.0.49 :point_up_2:)
I don’t think there was a TCAS bug/issue in the previous version but re-tested with newer version.

AI Offline (Multiplayer: Off) - Traffic on TCAS: Yes

Live Traffic (Multiplayer: Off) - Traffic on TCAS: Yes

And back on topic with the FBW A320:

AI Offline (Multiplayer: Off) - Traffic on TCAS: No

Despite setting 100% AI traffic - noticed aircraft in the vicinity - nothing on the TCAS.
Changed back and forth with this setting between the B737 and A32N - and with the B737 TCAS traffic was quick to show with the same traffic setting.

Live Traffic (Multiplayer: Off) - Traffic on TCAS: Yes

As of now, according to the FBW Known Issues of the TCAS -

No support for offline AI traffic (sim limitation)

I would assume the documentation is about the stable version of the FBW A32NX.

So there remains a number of issues with traffic being shown on the TACS; also ground traffic.
According to the documentation; there is also no support for multiplayer traffic on the TCAS for the A32NX as well and related issues with the weather, issues with traffic and more, so I recommend checking out the site above with details on these known issues…

…and to FSLTL - counted as AI traffic in the sim but tests with FSLTL would help, might also not be supported on the TACS - if it is the same issue - as AI default traffic with the FBW A32NX.

I did this test with default traffic, to check if this is even working.

When doing the tests with FSLTL, the recommended settings is to have traffic off but it is possible to have this on with sim AI or live traffic, which could generate traffic, were live traffic would be on the TCAS (but not from FSLTL) while still using FSLTL.

1 Like

I’ve done this test before with the A32NX (ie having both Asobo Live Traffic and FSLTL injected traffic active in the same session).
The result is that in the high altitude en-route phase, only the the Asobo Live traffic shows on the A32NX TCAS screen & Asobo VFR Map displays.

If there is any FSLTL traffic at all on A32NX’s TCAS screen, that is at low altitude and clustered around airports only.