FBW or Fenix A32x Freighter?

Greetings fellow virtual aviators!

Does anyone know if FBW or Fenix plan on a A32xP2F or NEO variant?

MSFS needs some freighters and cargo ops!

2 Likes

Oh yes that would be perfect!
I remember how realistic the loading of the PMDG Cloudmaster was, the oleo strut of the gear was really compressed when the plane was fully loaded and the flight dynamics are superb.

We need indeed more freight planes, so far these are the only good freight planes:

PMDG Cloudmaster
SWS Kodiak 100
MilViz Pilatus Porter
(And the oncoming Twin Otter has a freight box too behind the seats when choosing the freighter variant.)

An Airbus freighter is really missing in the fleet.

1 Like

I think it’s just a matter of demand and sustainability to maintain separate aircrafts.

If the demand for freighters are equal 50:50 with the commercial passenger variant. Then it’s fine to create a separate aircraft and maintain each of their coding separately since a significant number of people would be using them.

But if only a handful of people are interested in a freighter variant. It doesn’t seem to be a worthwhile to do twice the amount of work just to satisfy a fraction of the users.

As interested as I am in flying a freighter variant. I would probably end up flying it once for a couple of hours, and don’t fly it ever again after another month. Which I can’t really justify twice of the developers efforts and time spent on an aircraft that I barely use.

The Airbus A320/A321 used as freighter is a rather rare plane. But it exists - that´s why Fenix should implement a nice cargo version. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

100% agree!

Yes, it is rare…but only because it is very new. Interest in it is quickly growing among cargo operators.

2 Likes

We (FBW) would definitely be looking into producing this (as with all variants) if data were to become available. I’d be a fan of that myself!

3 Likes

Yes! i would love a modern glass cockpit airbus freighter ( except the huge beluga monsters ). the PMDG 737BCF is starting to feel dated in my opinion.

Sorry for recovering an old post but, I want to know if there is any cargo livery for the FBW (without windows).

BTW, searching I’ve found this:

Any info about this project? was cancelled? Sadly I can’t post in their Discord server for asking them directly (phone verification is mandatory and I don’t like to share it).