Feature request: access desktop while in VR flight

Running other programs like Vpilot, Navigraph chart, PDF, Chrome are essential for flight simulation. Currently I can only do this in non-VR flight running MSFS in windowed mode. When in VR flight, the desktop is not accessible, similar to running MSFS in full screen mode. Can this feature be added?

My VR HMD is Oculus rift S. Although I can use Oculus desktop button in Oculus dash to view other programs such as PDF or Navigraph, but Oculus dash only allows me viewing the program’s window and I cannot interact with these programs, such as open another PDF file. BTW I cannot start new programs either while in Oculus VR.

So I hope Asobo can add this important feature to VR. i. e. don’t lock me out from my computer.

In many games that has VR mode you are allowed to hit the windows button on the controller, and have it launch the windows vr mixed reality dialog.

From that you can launch apps into the VR game.

I would love this feature to be supported so you can launch up things Navigraph / Little NavMaps into VR.

Half Life Alyx already supports this.

1 Like

I have found a workaround for this problem. After connecting a headless ghost display emulator to my GPU, computer thinks it has two monitors. Both are visible in Oculus Home. Use one for MSFS VR and the other for all other programs you want to open and manipulate.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.