February 15, 2024 Development Update Blog Discussion

Check out the latest Development Update Blog here:

Please use this thread for feedback and discussion. Thank you!

2 Likes

So now we’ve gone from night lighting to water fixes these downloads are tiny why isn’t someone at Asobo doing this?

22 Likes

Disappointing to say the least (again)
 And, it’s beyond disappointing to see these “water fixes” even being allowed into the marketplace. I would consider this to be “core sim” stuff- “fixes” should never be a paid add on that lives inside the marketplace
 It’s a bad look and honestly, a cheap way to make a buck.

21 Likes

I don’t really have a problem with being able to buy such fixes, but there’s another developer that did this first and has a single marketplace addon with global coverage. This guy that splits the fixes into tiny upgrades and floods the marketplace with them is a menace. It makes those marketplace categories unusable for everyone else.

10 Likes

“A dingo ate my baby!’ No, a crop duster ate my Boeing! No, wait. Dune 2? Oh never mind, but just say no to shallow water add on scenery. No wait! I’m holding out for polluted rivers, streams and superfund sites nearby. No wait! I want the latest and greatest airplane from (fill in the blank). In all seriousness folks, I do love MSFS, but then again I’m a masochist.

no road map anymore? did they announce that they won’t be doing them anymore?

2 Likes

I haven’t seen much positive feedback about the beta in fact the opposite so far!

1 Like

I love RKBridger’s work, have a few of his bridges sets. We need a bridge to nowhere add on!

2 Likes

What about the Gateway for airports? Highly needed feature imho.

Feedback doesn’t necessarily need to be positive for us to consider it good feedback; knowing what needs to be fixed or improved is very important to know before the update goes live to the wider community. This is exactly why we have public betas. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Never mind.

Some of us would love to know the trick to even get into the Marketplace.

My application went in about eighteen months ago, has been updated since and is still “under review” with no feedback whatsoever.

2 Likes

We need a road map telling us when the road map will be reinstated.:grinning:

6 Likes

Of course that goes without saying - that’s what betas are for and that’s why I’ve supported all the betas since launch reporting and testing. It’s just this one in particular seems problematic relatively speaking especially on XBox and especially as the issues it was targeted to fix (outlined in the developer live stream) are not only still largely present but worse (in my experience so far) That is concerning and why I raised a comment. If you look at my other posts you’ll see I’m usually very measured - this update has surprised! You’ll also note from my posts that I appreciate this is the first build and being a veteran I know things will change - I’m here to help in anyway I can and support the efforts the developers are making

2 Likes

If you are talking about Enhanced Photogrammetry by Project Coastline, its only a half-truth. Its not global. I mean, yeah, it is global
 kind of
 it only works in the places where someone went and specifically fixed that area. So obviously in the big ticket items (LA, NY, Paris, Barcelona, etc
) yes, the coastline is noticeably improved. But when you start flying to “wherever” locations
 you very quickly run into areas that look the same as before. That is
 mainly sunken marinas and sunken ships all over the place.

It’s the fact we have to rely on 3rd parties to fix what the developer should have years ago that bothers me. I don’t mind if the guy who takes the time to do Asobos job for them makes a couple bucks. There are even guys doing it for free for the benifit of everyone on .to

Along the same lines
 what saddens me is seeing the MONUMENTAL resources they put into to making fancy and colorful updates and expansions, instead of fixing the game. That Dune update? that took some doing! im talking hundreds or thousands of man hours. And at the same time the game is still very buggy, and the bugs get fixed (true) but at such a lazy, snail pace! its like a 95-5% allotment of resources.

3 Likes

My definition of a sim ( more precise THIS sim) is to simulate ‘real world’ aircraft.
Things like this dune fantasy don’t belong here, just like flying Xmas trees and lego planes, to name a few.
You may call me a grumpy old man but that’s fine.

Happy :small_airplane:

5 Likes

I totally agree 
seeing a giant Dragonfly along side is a total reality killer!

same as the other Halo craft they gave us some time ago 
but luckily don’t see them that often flown now!

If I remove the Dune addition (can that be done?) 
would they show up as A320’s?

another grumpy old man here :wink:

2 Likes

Those add-ons don’t bother me, it’s not mandatory and there’s people who enjoy them so good for them.
What bothers me is the bugs that don’t get fixed

They need to shift some resources into fixing those bugs. The community has done their job in pointing them