February 23rd, 2023 Development Update Discussion

Check out the latest Development Update here:

Please use this thread for feedback and discussion. Thank you!

1 Like

Any idea when MSFS for Steam will be included on Geforce Now, following the agreement between Nvidia ans Microsoft announced this week?

1 Like

Punted on the feedback snapshot, yet again. What gives?

11 Likes

More mscenery? Guess the only good aircraft this week is the the DHC-4…

3 Likes

Dying for some new quality aircraft… MSCENERY and DREAMSCENERY have released more than enough at this point (their products feel like spam at this point)- I wouldn’t be disappointed if neither had another product approved to the marketplace in 2023.

18 Likes

MSCENERY. 1.5 stars out of 500+ reviews. Or maybe that’s the CS C-130.

Either way, it’s ridiculous.

3 Likes

Just noticed the trailer in the latest dev update

6 Likes

What is going on with the Feedback Snapshot. They have even run out of excuses to dodge it and now it is just “not available.” Are they still doing it or what??

20 Likes

Now this is getting really ridiculous! The same every week

2 Likes

Will we even get a Feedback Snapshot this year? I’m sorry but this is very close to ridiculous

7 Likes

I’ve the Version 1.30.12.0. Is it the correctly Update?

1 Like

Let’s see:
WU12 info, plus sales pitch for DHC4
Sales pitch for AN225
SU12 beta info
Documentation updates info
Apologies for service outage
Apologies for missing snapshot (again)
Road map screenshot (that is not updated and still says feedback snapshot coming today)
Ads for new marketplace stuff you can buy
Ads for other marketplace stuff you can buy that got updated
SDK Updates
SDK feature highlights
Dump of numbers of how many addons there are (because…why??)
A few paragraphs about something that has something remotely to do with aviation
Some random video
Screenshot dump

Honestly I’ve stopped reading these. They used to be interesting and have at least some content of what’s being worked on and prioritized. It’s turned into nothing more than a recap and sales pitch to all the stuff you can buy on the marketplace.

The only thing remotely more than marketing is the SDK news.

They should really be honest and rename them to something other than development update. “MSFS weekly recap” or something would be much more appropriate as there is never anything new anymore, just a recent happenings condensed into an article.

13 Likes

I miss the days of informative devblogs where there was actual substance and useful information that showed the intended path ahead. Seeing the feedback snapshots would let people know what’s on the radar for the foreseeable future. They couldn’t always meet their goals (understandable), but at least we as users knew roughly what was on their radar and what to expect. Now it’s basically devolved into being little more than a catalog of the new stuff to buy in the marketplace with a smattering of other filler information.

The SDK part is always interesting for 3rd party devs, so there’s that. But for the average sim pilot who isn’t a programmer, it’s over their heads and means nothing.

18 Likes

1.30.12.0 is the current public release.
The Sim Beta Update 12 is 1.31.18.0

1 Like

after this update and that of the AIRBUS Cockpits all ECAM, PFD and FMS dials are empty and inactive

1 Like

With 25 likes, the people have spoken.

5 Likes

Thanks for the update. Could you give an estimate when we can expect a current feedback snapshot? While still pretty vague, it is the most useful indicator of the actual development regarding state and content that is being worked on. On another note is there an easy way to find all updates and roadmaps in one place rather than flipping through the posts individually? Thanks and I’m looking forward to the next update.

7 Likes

Any chance we can get the feedback snapshot back? Without it there’s little information about development priorities…

6 Likes

turned that way? been that way since nearly the beginning, and once i noticed it i couldnt un-notice it