February 29, 2024 Development Update Blog Discussion

Check out the latest Development Update Blog here:

Please use this thread for feedback and discussion. Thank you!

4 Likes

Thank you for the new development roadmap!! :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Dear goodness… We’ve had poor weeks for marketplace releases, but this one is really scraping the bottom of the barrel…

25 Likes

Hey y’all wanted the queues cleared out; it’s not all gonna be top-shelf stuff. :wink:

6 Likes

Congrats to @Parorng for another outstanding screen shot submission! :camera_flash: :cityscape: :helicopter:

8 Likes

I disagree… I would take a quality over quantity approach any day over the junk we’ve been getting thus far in 2024- even if it meant each update only included 5 or 10 new products.

11 Likes

My god. 10 F1 liveries for €5 each… Ridiculous.

20 Likes

Maybe there isn’t really a quality aircraft submitted RN :upside_down_face: As far as I know, we aren’t expecting more than a handful.

I’m afraid that their refusal to demonstrate any kind of interest in ensuring products have any quality or genuine purpose beyond cynical moneygrabs is turning the marketplace into a bit of a joke, in my opinion of course. I don’t really think it does them any favours if they harbour anything but a casual interest in keeping the marketplace respectable beyond taking the percentage cut.

“Fixes” here and there, flashlights with multiple colours (because why not), the umpteenth cynical night lighting up/downgrade. All it does is create a tonne of guff in the marketplace which means only the most dedicated/bored/terminally sleep disordered could be bothered navigating through it.

Your mileage may vary.

18 Likes

Thanks mate!

5 Likes

At least the two Orbx Aussie airports are nice… but complete junk otherwise.

3 Likes

And this is why livery matching is a waste of time. Just make some skins that kinda sorta actually look like an actual airliner and move on.

Think this is the longest I’ve gone without a desire to throw money at add-ons. Heck a sale would be nice

2 Likes

Hmmm… quality over quantity…
Partialy agree with you but ( there’s always a but) it would be gentle to avoid terms like j*nk.
I know that not every aircraft in this sim is perfect but no- one is forcing us to fly it.
To me in person, I tried that dune thing and after giving it a fair chance I deleted it.
It’s simply not my cup of tea.
This is a sim, not an arcade game.
Enough aircraft that are pretty accurate.
Iris PC-21, just flight PA28 and PDMG 737 to name a few payware planes.
But also a few excellent freeware vehicles, like the Got friends grrrravel, and vertigo.
And the planes that came to the base sim like the C-152/C172
I don’t think that IRL many pilots fly dozens of aircraft in their lives, let alone at the same time.
I’m not sure but AFAIK there are only a few pilots that are current at both a boeing and an airbus at the same time.
Probably the so called repo cowboys but they fly those planes without passengers and/or payload.

1 Like

I was actually relieved that nothing exciting or tempting released this week as the Series X is filling up and I’m focusing on beta testing SU15 instead of looking to new product for a while. The Box filling up is probably a big driver for MS/Asobo’s “thin-client” model for 2424. When the box fills up, I will no longer be a viable customer for add ons!

3 Likes

This caught my attention, nice that they are planning a classic jetliner!

3 Likes

Maybe the inibuilds a320 will be part in the next beta version!

2 Likes

the release of SU15 is just postponed by 2 weeks. seem INI needs more time

1 Like

Yeah, and not one involving a dev whose stuff was already discounted, a la this week’s sale! Should be one at Easter…

I’d say the beta itself needs more time. I’d rather it take another two months and actually be fit for release.

4 Likes

OrbX Gold Coast

&

Bmworld Miami Airport

runs superb on Xbox Series X without any CTDs .

P.S. i am using SU15 beta

3 Likes

I’m finding myself in Sydney quite a bit, definitely going to add Gold Coast to the pile-o-stuff.

1 Like