February 2nd, 2023 Development Update Discussion

Check out the latest Development Update here:

Please use this thread for feedback and discussion. Thank you!

15 Likes

The road map is cool and all and appreciated, but why no wish list and bug list slide updates? That’s where the real information people want is found. We haven’t had any updates on those 2 fronts since October.

21 Likes

You’re still implementing the already opted in beta testers correct?

1 Like

Hi @Crunchmeister71,

As shown on the Roadmap, the Feedback Snapshot is moving to a two week cadence going forward. The next one will be included with next week’s Development Update blog (02/09) and then every two weeks thereafter.

Thanks,
MSFS Team

11 Likes

Hi @crazymaherm,

Yes, if you are already enrolled in the beta programme and didn’t manually opt-out, you will receive the SU12 beta build as soon as it is available without any further action required on your part.

Thanks,
MSFS Team

9 Likes

We got to tell when things are not good or good enough but also when it’s good and AAU1 it’s pretty awesome. I’ve not tried everything yet, but TBM is amazing and the fix for the the lod Xbox issue is perfect. Back to amazing graphics.

In my opinion the sim has never been so good on XSX to this date. No CTD, 3rd parties airport working. Still some hiccups to work on but in the vast majority of my session it’s really amazing. There was a time when you were really afraid when launching the sim, and for me this time gone. I just hope it stays that way :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Ok thank you!

1 Like

Awesome. Thank you for the info.

1 Like

Looks like SU12 has a planned release date on 3/14.

1 Like

Emphasis on planned. As always, the release date will depend upon how well the beta build(s) do with testers, and there are always factors outside our control that could cause delays, but yes, the current target is 03/14. Maybe we can all enjoy a nice slice of Pi with SU12? :wink:

20 Likes

The continuing fixing , improving and adding new stuff is absolutely fantastic. I have seen MSFS being used in some professional, accredited simulators - perhaps MS and Asobo should now begin to push this as it would force even further improvement of the Sim? Cheers.

2 Likes

Just so long as it’s not a round one because the best kind of pie are squared.

3 Likes

Oh, how I love nerd humor!

12 Likes

Is WASM for Xbox part of sim update 12 beta?

Mustang and Wilga for the Xbox this week, nice!

3 Likes

WASM for Xbox is slated to come with SU12. I’m unsure if it will be part of the public beta test or not. We will have more information when the SU12 beta begins.

Thanks,
MSFS Team

7 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Can not finish a single flight before MSFS crashes

MSFS is very exciting at present! Thanks to all teams, and thanks @SeedyL3205 for the engagement. I don’t believe discussion threads about Dev updates are the norm? If I’m right about that, I would like it if they were! Great consolidated place to talk about Marketplace, roadmap stuff, etc.

Long shot question, but it would be great if you would take it back to the teams to get some weigh-in: Xbox users have not had working backlighting on Honeycomb Bravo since it was released in its Xbox-compatible version last year. Some mixed messaging on this from Honeycomb (classic!), but the takeaway I had at some point was that this was to be fixed with the next SU. Any information on that, and if so, whether this would be part of the beta? Would appreciate any response, thanks!

3 Likes

Hi @Red81Trekker,

We always post a new discussion thread every week to go along with the Thursday blog post. You can find these by searching for the official-discussion tag on the forums. :slight_smile: Please note that only the current week’s discussion post is open for new comments, and prior weeks’ discussion threads are closed and moved to the archives.

I’m guessing that’s more of a question for Honeycomb than for us, but I’ll follow up tomorrow and see if anyone on our team has additional information about this.

Thanks,
MSFS Team

2 Likes