February 8, 2024 Development Update Blog Discussion

Check out the latest Development Update Blog here:

Please use this thread for feedback and discussion. Thank you!

6 Likes

any news about the fix for the water masks?

1 Like

Thank you to the Marketplace team for getting the EMB-110 and C160 updates out in a very timely fashion!

Now weā€™re talkinā€™!

2 Likes

Woooooooo G3X landscape mode rewrite incoming! Iā€™m very happy, this is going to improve several planes I like to fly. :smiley:

6 Likes

Wow the A2A Comanche on console? Really didnā€™t think that was going to be possible.

6 Likes

Not even a single acknowledgement of the water mask issue? Itā€™s fine to make a mistake or have something go wrong, but would be very much appreciated if the team would communicate what is being dont to resolve the issue or give some semblance of a timeline.

11 Likes

Click here for the web-friendly version of the Marketplace Update.

This page seems to be out of date, where the top entry was still from THURSDAY, DECEMBER 21. Otherwise, thanks for acknowledging for the Lunar New Year. Glad to see fireworks over cities that ban them IRL. Which add-on is needed to display fireworks in the game though?

3 Likes

yay canā€™t wait for the beta 15.

3 Likes

I believe fireworks were included in the Texas City Update.

1 Like

:full_moon: :fireworks: :tada: :partying_face: :saluting_face:
I forget about this addon and then it takes you by suprise sometimes :grin:

4 Likes

Is there a point in which MS would stop allowing submissions from poor devs?

For example (without naming names), lets say thereā€™s a dev that seems to get something approved into the marketplace almost every single week, yet if you look at their reviews they are at the bottom of the bucket. Obviously, a developer wouldnā€™t be disallowed if they only had 3 products on the marketplace and all 3 had poor reviews. However, a developer with 42 items and most have very, very low reviews- could that be sufficient evidence to disallow (or limit that dev)?

It obviously takes resources to approve items into the marketplace and these resources could be used on high quality devsā€¦

11 Likes

I believe you also have to set the date to 4 July and the time to around 10 PM local to the city youā€™re near.
Regards

2 Likes

Yep, youā€™re right. I forgot about that.

1 Like

I didnā€˜t expect it either. But itā€˜s A2A, we should have thought something like that :laughing:

Only thing of any note is the C160 update, everything else is just meh :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

Itā€™s probably even more surprising nowadays as I forgot to update dates of holidays that have no specific date like Diwali for example. I need to find some time to do that soon.

2 Likes

SU15 beta starting soon, i hope this means this Tuesday. For Xbox, i hope this will be a game changer. We are in dire need of performance improvements.

5 Likes

I want to know what is ā€œmuch moreā€ . Not expecting a lot but sure seems like this is for g3x and xbox stability over any major threads and bugs reports for the sum itself.

Weather, taxi physics, water masks, etc

I get your point. But I look at it from a free-market point of view. Certainly a distributor has a certain responsibility to qualify the products they carry. Microsoft does that. Their acceptance policy may be more forgiving of poor quality in favor of sales, but at least they are devoting resources to the qualification process.

Amazon is chock full of products that are either poor quality, or defective by design.
I rely on user reviews to help guide my purchasing decision. Even if Amazon had a team of product testers, Iā€™d simply add their opinions to those of actual users of the products.

This is an official Microsoft forum, and I have yet to see a moderator here hide any posts that name those developers who are producing substandard products. One could argue that the Marketplace review system is flawed, and that not everyone using the sim is an active member here. But there are several developers here whose products I wonā€™t purchase, based almost entirely on the reviews I read here. Low ratings on the Marketplace also contribute to my decision not to buy a product.

No review system is perfect, and itā€™s up to us as consumers to use all the resources available to make our own purchasing decisions. As long as negative product feedback is not filtered out and, conversely, positive feedback is not manufactured in order to drive sales, then the responsibility sits where it belongs - with us as consumers.

Those devs who are making substandard, overpriced, or even outright defective products should be repeatedly identified here, on YouTube, and in Marketplace reviews, and should suffer a loss of sales that eventually drives them to either improve their product, or go out of business.

I canā€™t speak to the Marketplace refund policy, because Iā€™ve never asked for one. There have been several Marketplace planes that, for one reason or another, disappointed me. But those products werenā€™t necessarily defective. Rather, they didnā€™t meet my expectation. I chalked those purchases up to the imperfect nature of being a consumer. Caveat Emptor.

Should the Marketplace, like Amazon, refund any purchase, for any reasonable reason, within a certain time frame? I would prefer that developers offer a trial period, and that the Marketplace addons clearly identified those devs who offer it.

Put the market in the hands of the consumer, and two things usually happen: Prices match quality, and overall quality goes up. We see that here, with Tier 1 developers making better and better addons, more and more freeware that meets or exceeds the quality of past payware, and value of our purchasing dollar being better than ever.

1 Like

Hi,

Whereā€™s the fix for the broken water masks that Jorg told us was coming? Itā€™s been over a week since he said that, whereā€™s is the communication on this severe issue?

Thanks

3 Likes