February 9th, 2023 Development Update Discussion

Check out the latest Development Update here:

Please use this thread for feedback and discussion. Thank you!

13 Likes

Iā€™m guessing that itā€™s not appropriate to participate in the ā€œBad Attitudesā€ screenshot challenge by asking a few forum members to post their selfies? :laughing: :angel:

10 Likes

Probably not a good idea. :grinning:

10 Likes

@dlh747 , your 747 flight plan made it into this weekā€™s development update. Congratulations! :partying_face:

6 Likes

Is the Antonov An-225 the February surprise mentioned in that roadmap last year?

Yes, the Antonov An-225 is launching on February 27 for PC and alongside the release of SU12 for Xbox.

MSFS Team

10 Likes

Yes. Some amazing moderator typed up a transcript to the February developer stream, where you can read and watch about the An-225:

13 Likes

Thank you :blush:

2 Likes

Xbox players being forgotten about once again.

7 Likes

Itā€™s a symbolic date to release it.

Theyā€™ve explained why that canā€™t wait for WASM implementation which still doesnā€™t have a firm date.

Given the motivation for commissioning it and the selection of the date for release, as solely an Xbox user I fully support the rationale.

8 Likes

Theyā€™re not. But xbox needs WASM first. Then it will be released on xbox as well.

5 Likes

So why not then releasing the PC version of the an-225 simultaneous with the Xbox version ?

I know it sounds hard for PC users (as I also have switched reasonly from Xbox to PC - exactly cause of the treatment how Xbox community gets handled)

But this way, by binding the PC release to the Xbox release and in this way to the WASM functionality on the platform,
It would send a good and positive vibes to the Xbox community and showing that Xbox is equal treated like PC!

P.s. I said it multiple times now here in this forum, WASM needs to hit the nail and WASM products will need to be released as soon as possible on the platform and not having a backlog of about 8 weeks!
Thatā€™s in favor for the costumers as well as for the devs which are waiting since months to sell their products!
Also Xbox needs a ā€˜mod-supportā€™ (freeware section in marketplace) as this will hopefully get possible with the WASM functionality.

Otherwise I really see the platform dieing more and moreā€¦ And I guess u should know that Xbox platform is an important part of the marketplace revenues :wink:

And this is directed to the moderator team:
Please guys, show more sense for the needs of the Xbox community!!
May some of u should switch to Xbox for a few months to see and feel how it is to being limited in variety in the sim, depending on marketplace update every week (and most times getting disappointed), but seeing all the possibilities on streams and more or less not being able taking part in a lot of community flights without having extremely negative differences to the rest of the group in terms of visibility of other aircraft for example!

And btw, speaking of streams, why not having a Xbox fellow flying in one of your official MS-streams on twitch??
Iā€™ve never saw a Xbox pilot being invited as guest to your streams?!?

These are just good advices and shall not taken offensiv!!

Thanks

7 Likes

ā€œtyped it upā€¦ā€ doubtful! Pretty sure this is AI transcription + corrections/elaborations of abbreviations etc.

But a great service nonetheless.

1 Like

I think if you watch the recent development video on YouTube and skip to the AN225 interview with the chief AN225 pilot, I think the explanation is quite clearly set out, and itā€™s not about PC first/Xbox last itā€™s about commemorating a great plane and making a moral and financial gesture towards its rebuild on the anniversary of itā€™s destruction in Ukraine.

To release it a while later on a random date in a nod to Xbox users rather than those who lost the plane in the tragic war would have had less resonance

Thatā€™s my take anyway. I think thereā€™s time for nudges for greater Xbox representation, and Iā€™m not convinced this is one of those times.

I applaud the sentiment

15 Likes

Thanks for the credit. I typed it up by hand. The AI transcription makes a lot of mistakes.

16 Likes

So question: how many percent of PC users that want to have that plane are going to buy on official MP ( instead of other marketplaces) and how many percent of Xbox users that want to have that plane are going to buy on official MP and that wise supporting the project?

(But sad that this topic about the an-225 becomes so heavy commercial)

1 Like

Donā€™t know the answer to that, maybe itā€™ll be exclusively MP?

1 Like

Their goal is to release it on the anniversary of its destruction, which is unfortunately before WASM support is released.

8 Likes

Oh man, sorry to hear that and thanks!
Would have expected it to get most of it right.

2 Likes