February 9th, 2023 Development Update Discussion

may u read my complete post and dont just going into romur-defence-mode by just my first sentence which i explained in long term in the post…

And as already pointed out by many, including Jorge, WASM is NOT going to be ready until SU12. Also, SU12 may be delayed beyond 14/03 because of technical issues NOT lack of desire. The MSFS team do NOT dictate to the XBOX team! They have had to go on bended knee to the XBOX team to get approval to support WASM on XBOX. So really, you need to take your complaints about XBOX support for MSFS to the XBOX team as THEY are the ones holding up the progress!!!

1 Like

You could always become THAT CM!

4 Likes

I doubt they’d have me.

1 Like

@NixonRedgrave
But honestly, just read all your posts really detailed…and…
Bro, your words in my ear :+1: very well written posts and pointed out

But that leads into another ‘problem’ of this forum and that’s the lack of Xbox users taking part in here in comparison to the majority of PC users.

I do always try to motivate Xbox fellows to anticipate in the forums when ever I can.

3 Likes

I’ve brought up the anti consumerism in the marketplace multiple times to the mods and the community manager for which i’m still waiting for a response from. They are unfortunately convinced the marketplace needs no changes and do not want to set a bar because they make a profit from bad 3rd party add ons. Maybe the influence of a big twitch streamer or youtuber would change their minds.

2 Likes

I have so far had 4 refunds of MS for poor products in the market place on MSFS, and that’s just the past few months.

1 Like

This is about consumer safety, right? Make a big ol’ red banner in the store saying “do your research before you buy something.”

I was told you are only allowed 2 refunds a year… Did they changed their policy???

The user said in the past few months-we are the second month of the year, so maybe 2 this year and two last year?

1 Like

I’m guessing SU12 will go into beta this week. Fingers crossed PMDG puts the DC-6 and the 737 on the marketplace for Xbox soon after.
I remember in a previous dev stream (I wanna say around, maybe before, SU10) Jorg said they had WASM “implemented to some degree” (not actual quote) so I suppose they’ve spent time working on performance. I’m opting out of the beta until I can make sure the performance is acceptable.

I’m trying to understand how the WASM implementation can be tested at all without some WASM aircraft for us to test with.

Like you, I’m hoping we will see some 3rd party aircraft available. I’ve already bought the DC-6, but what about beta testers who’ve not bought it (or any, currently PC-only WASM aircraft promised to be making their way to Xbox once the WASM fix is implemented)?

Are beta testers going to have to buy aircraft to help test this new feature?

7 Likes

They may do a closed beta this time and give certain products to Xbox users just for beta testing maybe?

We shall see — and soon.

2 Likes

That unfortunately looks to be the case. I can’t think of any freeware planes that require WASM which the devs want to bring to Xbox.
However, that’s what we are testing: support for high-fidelity payware aircraft.

Definitely.

The other aspect of this is: are the 3rd party devs prepared for this?

Meaning: have they had access to pre-beta versions of the sim, so they can have their WASM-based aircraft fully prepared for this new implementation?

2 Likes

You’d have to ask them. However, PMDG (Robert) seems pretty confident that it won’t take much after Asobo puts WASM in to get the 737 running, at least on previous PMDG forum posts. That, and performance optimizations, seem to be the point of SU12 beta testing.

Another thing I wonder is if the fabled PMDG EFB will be available on Xbox, or if SimBrief flight plan loading will be added. I can’t go back to punching in waypoint after waypoint after using the A310.

2 Likes

It will. Rob has said they intend to have it for Xbox, however he said it may have to have certain features taken out simply due to our Walled Garden environment preventing in/out access to external sources of data, etc.

1 Like

Personally i cant see the wasm fix being in the SU12 beta at all… just remember its still not 100% confirmed to come all that was said is that “its on track”

1 Like

Is this just based on a hunch or have you formed your opinion based on something official you’ve read or heard?

2 Likes