February Developer Stream: Closed for Questions

Airports:

is any enhancemanet for the default airports planned? In the night are this airports not useble.

3 Likes

Airports

What is being done about the AI ground vehicles and people not keeping clear and giving way to aircraft.

8 Likes

POIs:

Buttons to turn on / off different POIs individually
Button to turn POIs on / off globally

When can we expect that?

Airports:

Some airports from 3rd-Party-Devs (like EDDS from JustSim) have huge problems after a world update for the region has been released.
These airports should be removed from the marketplace permanently, or since the airport is fixed and got an update.

Add a favorite category to the airports!
Then we can do not need to search for our most used airports anymore.
I am getting tired to type in EDDS everytime I want to do some flying in my home area.

2 Likes

Airports/ATC:

Are there plans to update ATC to assign appropriate runways, not just for wind but for runway ratings as well? As an Example Hector International Fargo (KFAR) has 3 Runways but only 1 is actually usable by Airliners, yet ATC will often assign the smaller runways for them to take off or land on.

7 Likes

Airports:

1. Request “follow me” car. So I can turn off the blue arrow ribbon as taxi assistance and have a realistic help.

2. Taxiway lights are on poles in the middle of the taxiway, where they should be embedded in the taxiway surface.

3. Ground service, add these feature: “Request taxi to fueling station”. (sometimes it is very hard to find)

10 Likes

Airports:

With the rising popularity of AI traffic packages like FSLTL will airports be given some extra attention regarding correct gates/plane size issues, incorrect or missing taxi nodes and other issues that affect free flowing of AI traffic ?

19 Likes

WU New Zealand:

Have any of the more mountainous or ‘non-city’ regions of New Zealand been done in photogrammetry?
I’m surprised that PG always seems to be limited to cities as it has the capability to really make naturally scenic areas shine with the PG’s better aerials and mesh.

4 Likes

Some posts deleted. Please stay within the scope of this developer stream.

This thread is not for discussion replies - please respond with your specific questions. Any other replies will be removed.

2 Likes

airport
When will China’s data be updated?
The location of existing airports has changed too much due to new construction and cannot be compiled in the SDK
Add no-passing signs to taxiway signs in the SDK
Added optional black border for taxi lines in SDK

5 Likes

WU New Zealand

Is it just New Zealand, or are there some of the other nearby islands included?

4 Likes

I have already installed the mesh scenery of New Zealand from ORBX. What will actually happen in WU12 if some regions have a smaller mesh size than in ORBX ? In this case, will I see the WU12 mesh ?

6 Likes

Airports:

Will Pokhara International be added in the light of recent events, so that some of us can pay respect in our own small ways to all 72 people that should have landed there safely?

4 Likes

Guys…will you be able to make it known where you got NZ’s photogrammetry from for scenery builders…the stuff I have found and used is very lack lustre?

1 Like

World Update: New Zealand

Are the Bing maps surface textures being updated server side New Zealand wide? There are noticeable areas lacking coverage (presumably due to cloud coverage in old Bing map aerial photography data) that get filled in with the relatively ugly offline ground textures- although if one looks at the Bing maps aerial data in a browser, these do not appear. There are also quite a few new residential developments that have occurred around out city fringes that do not appear in MSFS, showing the age of the current (January 2022) data that is shown.

Also- a massive thanks for choosing little ole NZ to feature in it’s own world update!

13 Likes

Points of interest :

Hi, is there any plan to implement common landmarks as part of the default scenery such as water towers, chimneys, railway viaducs, radiocom towers, …
Most of the time there is nothing at all where it should be

I believe that these would greatly improve the realism of the world and the immersion, especially when flying VFR

Thanks for your answer

3 Likes

POIs:

Individualization of the POI poles:

• Size
  • Color
  • Shape of the head (circle, square, triangle, n-polygon, …)

When can we expect that?

Airports:

Traffic patterns sometimes are wrong!
Left hand traffic pattern where a right hand traffic pattern is flown and vice versa.
Not every traffic pattern is rectangular. (EDML, EDFJ, EDER, etc, … )

5 Likes

Airports:
When developing an airport, are there any plans to allow the developer to fine-tune the runways, SIDs, and STARs that can be used depending on the time of day, weather conditions, and wind direction?

Some airports have STARs and approaches that are only available at certain times of the day.
There are also takeoff-only and landing-only runways.
Some airports only use runways in certain directions, even with a tailwind, to the extent that there are no safety issues due to noise restrictions.

The current MSFS ATC does not take any such restrictions into account and may direct the aircraft to runways that are not used in reality.

3 Likes

Airports:
Almost at every airport the green taxi lights are very irregular, sometimes they are very close to each other and sometimes very far. Even at most 3rd party airports this is the case. Why is this and can it be fixed?

1 Like

Airports:

Could you implement (or allow 3rd-party devs to do so) proper Low Visibility runway and taxiway markings?

It would be great to have CAT II/III holding points with functional stop bars.
In addition green/yellow alternative centerline taxiway lights to mark the delimitation of the ILS sensitive area as you vacate the runway

6 Likes

SUXII - New Zealand:

Will we see the same lame PG again as we have seen in Canada or is there already any enhancements implemented?

Will the solid bodies under bridges be removed?

NZ has a lot of waterfalls. Will we see beautiful, animated ones? Or just the default white line running down a steep mountain or hill?

5 Likes