Feedback from a real world private pilot

Great feedback and I agree to most of it. I’m a RL PPL pilot my self and I have been playing around with the Textron Aviation C172S which is the closest to what i am used to RL except for the small GPS installed in it, so I just turn it off when flying. I did a test flight the other day from KCEA - KMKC and as you descibe i was trilled by the realism in the air and how realistic the NAV system worked both VOR and NDB’s. But the rollout both at takeoffs and landings are well off everything I have experienced RL. For the takeoff you have to use som right pedal at the beginnings which is correct, but than at about 30 knots it shoots right so you have to use a lot of left pedal and its hard to keep it in the center line. and for landings it is way to unstabel after touch down. Other than that I just hope they fix the RL weather engine which seams broken and unusable at the moment at last when it comes to wind. Also looking forward to some payware aircrafts, hope someone will develop a C172S without all the modern GPS’s and I do hope Texterion Aviation keep on working on the defaul C172S which have good potential.

1 Like