Feeling dumb and confused: mandatory update

Haven’t started sim in a month. When I start it now it says ‘mandatory update required, go to Microsoft store and update’. I go to microsoft store and on the flight sim page there is no option to update (have looked in the three little dots menu), only to ‘install’. On my ‘library’ page there is an option called downloads and updates, but when I click on this I just get the spinning blue wheel of nothingness.

Do I have to do (another another) complete reinstall? Please, no …

So, no one else had this issue? I uninstalled and reinstalled to solve it. For the fifth dashed time. This sim is killing me.

1 Like

I am having the same issue. I launch the sim, and get a prompt during startup that there is a mandatory update. Clicking OK takes me to the Microsoft Store, but there is no update option, only a Launch button. Going to the store cold, right clicking the 3 dots menu, selecting Downloads and Updates takes me to a page with the spinning blue wheel… selecting All Owned shows me MSFS in the listings, but no update button, all say Launch. Currently I cannot launch and play. Please help, MS.

In the Microsoft Store go to Downloads and updates, then click Get updates.

1 Like

I also am having problems with the Hotfix issued today, March 2, 2021. I purchased and installed the deluxe premier addition and had no problems with the install. I’ve played with the program now for a few days and today I was faced with the mandatory upgrade. Not bad, was only 1.03Gb. I watched the download progress to the end. I then was asked to launch the flight sim. Launch, nothing happens.

I’ve signed to the store and signed out of the store. I’ve reset the store. I’ve signed out of the Xbox account and signed back into the account. I’ve rebooted the computer. Nothing I’ve done since installing the hotfix brings the simulator back to life. It was running perfectly prior to installing the hotfix.

My machine is brand new, built specifically for the sim. Everything new. Windows 10 Pro with all the latest updates. The sim is installed on a 2Tb M.2 NVME SSD.

So say I’m frustrated is an understatement!

This hotfix came only from the MS Store or Steam Client. There was no in-game update.

Hotfix Release Notes:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/hotfix-release-notes-version-1-13-17-0/372965/3

Only 4 items were addressed. If MSFS shows version: 1.13.17.0 then the update applied.

What ever it is, it broke my simulator. (I have spent hours running through a long list of “fixes” suggested by Microsoft. ) I’m not real happy this evening.

Not sure of the purpose or your post other than to point out what you perceived as an error on my part.

Hester, I’m still waiting for some constructive advice. Reread my original post please. You will note I stated nothing about an update through the game. Maybe I should have been more verbose and detailed each step I took. I felt that unnecessary given what I thought was a learned and professional forum.

You wrote that the Store downloaded the update?
What antivirus do you have?
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/cannot-start-the-sim-nothing-happens-after-clicking-launch-button-in-ms-store/372284

I use Norton. Read my post again. I didn’t say where I downloaded the hotfix from. It just so happens it was the store. It is very unlikely my anti-virus is the problem as I’ve not had any updates to it for a couple weeks. I’ve had zero difficulties with updates thru the sim. The only difficulty I’ve had is getting the sim to launch after successfully downloading it from the store and trying to launch.

It being the store.

I’m going to bed. 16 hours on duty is rough at times. I meant to say, “The only difficulty I’ve had is getting the sim to launch after successfully downloading the hotfix from the store and trying to launch.”

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.