Fenix A320: massive performance degradation when switching from VR to PC

Whenever I change from VR to PC mode, the FPS goes from 35 to 5 FPS. This only happens with the Fenix aircraft. The low performance remains until a new aircraft is fully loaded.

Does anyone have the same? Any ideas why?

2 Likes

Fenix A320 in VR is just a big dog’s breakfast at the moment so I’m back on the PMDG 737 until Fenix address the issue. I’m i9 2080super 32gb and in VR MR just won’t hold a steady 30 or 22.5 fps unless resolution wound down to something scary and blurry!

1 Like

Maybe I wasn’t clear enough. I said that when switching from VR to PC the performance degrades. It’s fine in VR for me.

I don’t know about Quest but with HP reverb G2 you often need to kill the WMR portal to recover performance in 2D mode after switching.

Also … overall performance in VR for me much improved now after yesterday’s Fenix update.

2 Likes

Sorry to say but this also happens when I switch from VR to PC mode in the default Cessna 172 using Windows Mixed Reality Portal with my Reverb G2. Agree with gosub4000 only way to get performance back is kill WMR. I’m also having major issues with sound when transitioning from VR back to PC. The sound remains in the G2 headset and doesn’t return to my PC speakers. This has been reported by many users.