Fenix A320 Overhead Panel Shimmer Around Buttons

Hello friends,

Anyone else experiencing an annoying shimmer/“moving” in the lights around the buttons on the overhead panel? It’s hard to explain but there’s a clockwise motion in the light which is annoying.

It happens at a certain zoom level which just so happens to be my preferred zoom. If I zoom in (and lose the ability to see the whole panel) the shimmering goes away. And if I zoom out, the buttons become difficult to read because they’re so small.

I tried making some changes in the NVIDIA control panel but nothing seems to work. I have a very good Dell 27" 1440p GSync (which I don’t use) 144hz monitor and haven’t experienced this with any other aircraft.

So if anyone has any ideas, please share.

TIA

1 Like

I get that “ant crawling” effect when looking at the overhead dead straight on which is what the standard view hot key gives you (Ctrl+F5 I think).

All I did was define a custom view looking at the overhead at an angle which stopped the shimmering.

1 Like

yeap, had the same and did the same!

Changing the angle will fix it.

1 Like

Ha, love it, ant crawling is a perfect analogy. I was trying to think of how to describe it but you nailed it!

I’ll give it a go and report back.

Thanks!!

Sorry, forgot to report back!

I was unable to “kill the crawling ants” by changing the angle with a centered view. It only worked by doing a somewhat offset (side) view. Not 100% what I wanted but it’s passable and kills the ant crawling.