Fenix A320 - read T&Cs before buying - may not work with many third party hardware accessories

This line from the T&C is interesting.

6.5. You shall only use the Software for non-commercial purposes (meaning private home
entertainment use). You shall refrain from any other use, in particular commercial use
(meaning that which is intended for, or directed towards, commercial advantage, monetary
compensation, professional training or educational purposes).

I wonder if they will enforce this on YouTubers who receive monetary compensation by flying the Fenix in their videos. Or maybe just the ones who may be critical.

2 Likes

There are LVARs for a lot of functions, you just need software like Spad.Next or AaO to map them to your devices.

Well I’ve seen Twitch streamers flying it so I guess if that’s okay, then YT is as well.

Looked through spad.next. Nothing shows up for most of the plane’s features in the event viewer. Just the stuff that’s default mapped to the TCA throttle setup and the baro knob spits back “kohlsman set.”

Yeah, with all those $20 “donos” V-1s getting, maybe he’ll get sued. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Especially when they seemed to send out Pre-Release copies of the plane, for the Big (paid) Streamers to show off the plane to the twitch & Youtube community.

They must have granted those Streamers a “Temporary” Commercial license for limited streaming ?

1 Like

Thanks – That saves me even considering this plane … Flying an Airliner with a MOUSE is not my idea of a rewarding experience, while watching all my expensive SIM hardware sit there idle.

8 Likes

I don’t think the T&C is worth the electrons it took to display it on the screen, unless you live in England or Wales.

13.4 The laws of England and Wales apply to these Terms

For anyone interested, there’s some discussion of this on the Mobiflight Discord as well.

Can someone enlighten me please. I used my stream deck earlier and my button box I built with mobiflight. All the AP functions can be controlled. What exactly isn’t working for people? I’m a bit confused.

If anyone wants to read the T&C, it is HERE

I don’t think it is going to work with a Home Cockpit like this ?

But then who would expect a $50 piece of Plane software to run on a Multi $10,000 (Personal) Home Cockpit !!

That is just like my home setup, except for the screens, displays, hardware and size. Otherwise it’s identical. :slight_smile:

All that and it looks like he is sitting in an Office Depot chair.

2 Likes

Nobody reasonable. Which is why I find this path they’ve chosen just sooooooooooo bananaboats. Not a single person with a DIY button box or some repurposed midi device to turn the baro or pull the heading is using a “home cockpit.” They’re just not. I use the same computer to fake pilot as I do design work on for crying out loud.

I mean its very understandable, the meat behind the beautiful exterior is the ProSim systems which costs $1500, it obviously is one of the terms under the license which Fenix obtained to use their code, because essentially instead of getting the $1500 ProSim Module for your home cockpit, you could have easily paid $60 for the same thing, so ProSim has to protect their own business interests. I’m sure if Fenix could have, they will have supported home cockpits, but they cant because of this ProSim “limitation”, which IMO is very understandable.

5 Likes

It is a catastrophe.

1 Like

It would be understandable if they had clearly communicated these things to the community before they announced it was for sale. Or even mentioned it clearly on the page when you check out. And I stand by my assertion that a repurposed midi device with a few rotary encoders, that looks nothing like anything inside a cockpit, sitting on a desk, is not a home cockpit.

3 Likes

Are we actually discussing this? >shakes head<

Just an update, it seems that we can control or send the aircraft functions from dials and buttons, output to digital leds is still unknown and clever folks looking at it…

Fenix has instructions on how to use LVAR inputs,

If this is against the t&cs of the software as stated, ie for a small DIY box made with eBay switches and dials, I’m guessing is quite harsh and should have been clearly noted before the purchase button on the website, not on page 3 clicking on the terms and conditions link…

It’s good to be discussing this here, more input needed so we can clear this up… Thanks

1 Like

Where did you find Prices ?
I looked at their website, including the section for “Enthusiasts”, which seems to be Personal Home Cockpit builders, and nowhere could I find any indication of prices for anything … only “Contact us for more details”.