Fenix A320 - Unable to import Simbrief flightplan with LatLong coordintes

I’m not able to import flight plans from Simbrief to Fenix FMC when plan includes LatLong coordinates in addition to waypoints / airways. For example I have a flight plan as follows: 62N90W IMISA. With the 62N90W, when I try to import flight plan on FMC, returns the message INVALID F-PLN UPLINK, and I have to insert manually.
Any tip is very welcome.

I think it is impossible to import just coordinates and not classic AIRAC-NAV listed waypoints.
But hm I would never use Simbrief-import because a good pilot types in all data manually in the FMGC :wink: but learn how to manually create waypoints…

And professional pilots just load in the pre-created company flight plan from system memory. :wink:

Thanks. I’m able to insert manually the flightplan in FMC, but for a question of time I would like to be able to import the Simbrief FP into Fenix. What I would like to know, if someone could help, is how to prepare a FP in Simbrief, that if has coordinates, can be imported for Fenix.

After a contact with Fenix support, kindly replied by them in short time, I found the soution.
They confirm that they located a bug when importing some formats of LatLong coordinates from Simbrief. The ARINC 424 shorthand coordinates will import without any issues, but older ARINC’s will return the error message, as LatLong have different format. As a workaround while they work on fixing this bug, we must convert LatLong coordinates into this shorthand format as explained below:

• Placement of the letter designator (N, S, E, W) in the string of five characters indicates the value of the longitude one-hundredths digit
    • The letter in the last position indicates longitude is less than 100
    • The letter in the third position indicates longitude is 100 or greater
    • Examples:
    • N 52 00/W 075 00 = 5275N
    • N 75 00/W 170 00 = 75N70
    • S 50 00/E 020 00 = 5020S
    • N 50 00/E 020 00 = 5020E
    • S 52 00/W 075 00 = 5275W

For more details you can check the following links:

Fenix Kowledge Base - Invalid F-PLN Uplink Message
ARINC 424 Shorthand

I have tested with the shorthand and FMC is already able to import flightplan from SIMBRIEF (flighplan prepared with oldest AIRAC’s (as is my case as I don’t have a paid subscription of AIRAC’s).

Hope that can help others with the same problem.

1 Like