Fenix A320 VR problems

Does anyone else have massive frame rate drop out with this aircraft in VR? I have asked a couple of questions on the general aircraft thread but not really go any answers as its specific to VR.

Basically 95% of the time I load the aircraft into the sim the framerate drops to probably about 5 FPS when you enter the cockpit, stuttering everywhere but 5% of the time its perfect and flies stutter free even in heavy scenery.

I have messed with all the fenix settings like render the screens on the CPU , balanced/performance etc and it doesn’t make a jot of difference.

Even if you get it stutter free inside the cockpit if you go to the outside view and then back to the cockpit view the stutter comes back, if you go to the outside view again its stutter free. Every other aircraft including the FBW and PMDG 737 are fine 100% of the time so it can only be the fenix aircraft causing the problems.

Its really annoying because I want to fly this more than the others as I like realism, and I’ve just got the TCA captains pack.

1 Like

Ok to be fair to Fenix this could be partly to do with me, I realised that a while ago I did a cockpit mod to the fenix which I removed shortly after as it wasn’t very good but I suddenly remembered as well as putting the mod in the community folder I also altered one of the actual Fenix files as well, I’ve done a complete reinstall of the original aircraft and it is now a lot better.
Its not perfect and is still very frame heavy compared to other aircraft but at least its flyable now.

I am having terrible stutters and flashes in VR (Oculus Quest 2), it`s almost impossible to play, and in Fenix A320 is worse than ever.

1 Like

Yep same problem only with Fenix a320. Any setting for display render doesn’t affect anything - 3fps and other airplanes around 40. All other airplanes work fine. Tomorrow I will try to reinstall Windows clean then MSFS and fenix and check.

1 Like

Same problem… it is the only plane I wish to play in VR to be honest.
Let’s hope Sim update 15 + fenix V2 block will improve the overall performance.

after reinstalling windows completely, all latest drivers and stuff now quest link outputs between 1 and 6fps on all planes, with any setting of MSFS, openxr toolkit or oculus software. Performance stays the same on cable or airlink. Community folder is empty, I didn’t isntall geforce experience so no third party overlays. I would’ve thought that I have a weak pc but MSFS has some spikes of performance up to 40fps (on ground, with same settings) but it lasts a random amount of time (up to 20 mins) and then returns to usual 3fps. Well, screw all this. I’ll just use MSFS in 2d until I build a new pc I guess

Usually when seeing real low performance, the problem is running out of memory - either VRAM (Graphics) or regular RAM (maybe only 16gb?? for Windows and MSFS). Obviously, start with measuring just 2D performance before trying VR - you should get maybe 30fps at 1980x1020 resolution. With VRAM, reduce all graphics settings to LOW and then work up from there. I would think the lowest performance if you have a discrete video card (Nvidia or AMD) , would be maybe 15fps.

You’re right, i’m running tight on 16gbs of RAM. Thing is - sometimes it just starts to work flawlessly in very heavy scenery stutter-free… And I tried to set everything to the lowest setting and it didn’t make a difference. One thing I noticed - as soon as I fire up MSFS the quest software inside the visor starts to lag at 3fps, before even setting MSFS to run in VR mode or opening desktop view. I’m thinking that it’s some sort of icnompatibility between MSFS and the quest software. Same thing on air link. I’ll try to use steam link and see what I get…

All problems were caused… (drumroll) by the oculus software. I bought Virtualdesktop and cannot recommend it enough. All works as it should with stable FPS and a clarity that I never experienced by cable.