Fenix A320 VR

What are your thoughts ? I think there has to be alot of optimization to be done … My Rig with a rtx3080ti and i9 9900k is not too bad but i am struggeling to have a nice experience. Pmdg 737 is much more fluid with not too much more fps than the fenix a320 by the way.

Beside of this I am very excited for the future when the fps problems are gone. This is going to be amazing !

2 Likes

Same here, its a good Aircraft but the FPS are horrible, at start 30, in flight 26 and on Apporoach 16. I7 7700K and RTX3060Ti on a Quest 2

With PMDg it is much better.
Both aircraft are amazing but Fenix have to sort out the FPS issues.

1 Like

which fps do you get, on which headset ?
thanks

I9-11900k - 3080TI overcloced editon - 64gb 3600mhz corsair vengeance ram. Reverb g2… runs like butter in most instances. Very smooth.

Looks great in VR. FPS just a tad worse than PMDG 737 and very playable and smooth most of the time.
Best airliner period. I use “Performance” settings and 4K for livery in Fenix setup options. Using my CPU for EFIS panels. AMD5800/Nvidia3080 10GD Ram 32GB HP G2

1 Like

Not having any joy at all here…5 VR flights , 4 CTD…all after around 30-40 minutes flight time…grrr
Vr performing well at 30fps using openxr toolkit… suddenly a black screen and then straight to desktop.
ive read every post about this, and tried pretty much every trick but no joy
. I do see these black screens for a few seconds in other aircraft in fs2020 VR but its just a 1 second blip …this seems to be well reported (Hp Reverb G2 GTX 2080 TI , i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz)
But it seems this plane is way more demanding and just crashes the sim…
out of ideas here now, unless anyone has a magic spell I can cast …
LOTS of posts even in plain 2d about these CTD in Fs2020 with either no error or windows showing FS2020 crashes with Exception code: 0xc0000005

any help MUCH appreciated…im going back to xplane for now which performs really well in VR for me without any of these issues
would love to actually be able to fly this plane as its great however. !
Bill P

Has anyone tried with VR controllers?

Generally it works, but some clickspots are weird I found especially on the lower overhead/light area. Seems to want to bring the standby compass down all the time, kind of frustrating. Oh and I can’t seem to be able to close the window with the controllers for some reason, have to use mouse.

The Efb seems to work fine. FCU too. MCDU as well. I haven’t done a full flight yet in VR, just a few circuits.

The default position in VR is also kind of high, at least compared to the FBW. and the seat is different. I wish I knew what it’s supposed to look like also in terms of scale etc. Every plane seems different, some look tiny to where I think that can’t be right, others massive. Thank goodness for the world scale slider in the open XR toolkit.

2 Likes

I’m struggling also in VR … i9 2080super 32 gb - Hp reverb g2 reprojection - ok when first loaded but about 20 mins in the fps is bouncing all over the place and just can’t lock on to 30 or 22.5. For sure dropping render scale temporarily will get it back up again but it quickly unlocks again and it’s unflyable. PMDG 737 and most other planes behave perfectly and butter smooth with same settings. One way to upset the frames is to jump outside the aircraft - almost always will screw up the reprojection frame rate. Tried with OpenXR toolkit and without - seems slightly better without toolkit. Dropping renderscale down to ridiculous low number circumvents the issue but as I mention before this makes plane unflyable.

1 Like

Glad its not just me… basically my GPU is pegged at 99/100% using the same setting that with the PMDG for example gives a usage of around 80 % …im getting these tiny blips of the card giving a black screen which does happen normally (seems to be a common issue for some) but only in FS2020 (x plane never) and because the GPU is working so hard I guess it just gives up resulting in CTD…
as you say reducing render scale will of course help, but then it looks terrible…
interesting its better for you without openxr toolkit.,…will try that and report back !

1 Like

After some tweaking , now it is very smooth on my end ! I am very happy now , this plane is fabulous ! steady 35 to 48 fps ( ground 35-41 , in flight 40-48 fps ) .

Did you get the update from fenix?

Would you mind telling about the tweakings you made?

Yes … updated accordingly. I’m gonna try using 4K livery and move balanced to performance, and possibly gpu instead of cpu … I really want to like this plane !!

Would you please elaborate on what tweaking you have done ?

Try this
After the update lowered the lod to 150 and the filtering to 4x now 30fps in VR at 3000/3000
Rtx3080
Runs great now for me

1 Like

I would suggest to move panels rendering to iGPU if you have it. I got mine showing up after enabling it in the BIOS.

I have done this : Msfs2020*Huge Performance Increase w/ this Hack*De-Bloat your Nvidia Driver & Gain FPS! Game CHANGER - YouTube

I updated the fenix a 320 to last update. Running screens on performance (which is still very good in VR) and run on cpu not gpu.

ingame rs 100 , openxr 140.

toolkit settings:

Important : override resolution option

sharpening to 100% makes a huge different , i recommend that.

field of view is your choice , i personaly like the extra sharpen that comes with a slight lower FOV ( i was getting quick used to it )

volumetric clouds is also based on your choice. I now run them on medium because i like to have the best smoothness to get. And this is a major point in FPS. ( yes I know on high they are nicer , but for me in medium they still look good enough) i could run them in high but i like to have headroom in FPS :slight_smile:

nvidia settings:

-max performance
-low latency mode : ultra
-textures : performance
triliniare optimization : on
threated optiomization : on

Hardware-Accelerated GPU Scheduling : on

I also turned Hyper Threating in Bios to OFF . For me it feels smoother.

I dont know if it is the best or the most sensefull setting you guys can get, but i am happy with it. If you want to try it , you may can give an feedback how it is running for you and if you are happy with color , brightness settings etc

I also turned live traffic option to off.
On big airports the online player traffic is also very heavy on fps. I turned it at airports via in flight options off. Once airborne I turn it on cause I like to see where you dudes are flying :smiley:

I am running the G2.

Greetings

1 Like

I found a conflict with AIG traffic and the Fenix which was killing my frames. Its strange; AIG and other aircraft are fine. Fenix and default traffic with Aerosoft simple traffic is fine, but Fenix and AIG = bad FPS. So im going back to Aerosoft for now or just turning off traffic all together.

As per a comment above I too have perspective issues on my Reverb G2 with the Fenix in comparison to other planes. It starts too high, but thats easily adjusted, but then when im in about the right position, the seat looks massive beneath me! Ive adjusted the XR toolkit world scale to 115% and it looks better but still not right.

Im also struggling with the landings with either a very hard flat landing or if I even try to flare a little it wants to climb even with throttle closed at 30ft RA. Its not something I have with other aircraft including the A32NX. It could be the perspective issue, a bug or just me as ive seen YT professional pilots/streamers grease it so most likely the latter lol.

edit, its definitely a perspective issue… Ive just flown the A32nX and fenix back to back and withthe fenix I have to basically lower my view but then the massive seat beneath me just looks strange. On the plus side landings are fine now with the lower perspective

After quite a lot of tinkering and therefore not much flying I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s simply a frame rate hitter and unless you got a GPU starting with a 3 and a processor ending with a 9 there’s gonna have to be some major compromising.

My biggest issue is with MR on. You can play with settings and get 30fps but as soon as you pop outside or look at the EFB sometimes looking down at FMC and not hold breath then the fps will just go berko. Sure running the task manager workaround restores it but I’m sure you will agree that’s kind of an immersion killer !? Also OpenXR toolkit makes it worse in my experience. For sure hags off is much better and Fenix app needs perf and cpu in my case at least. (Thanks Dell for removing iGPU option!)

So summary … no OpenXR toolkit and much lower resolution and all is well apart from this is not much enjoyable on my humble i9 2080super.

If MR is off then of course the fps berko issue goes away and again lower res to prevent stuttttttttttterzzzzz.