Fenix A320 vs FlyByWire A320

Can’t you turn it on before you fly in the assistance options? or have even picked that AC? Then press fly. I’m not sure, but it may disable the options, but if it is already on it may not be able to override it

Interesting definition of a severe bug… its a shortfall they have noted from the default engine model, that’s why fenix have added a custom engine model to their roadmap. I’m sure they’ll sort something out at some point.

It affects nothing in the end and the insinuation that the streamers are collectively in on some conspiracy to hide it from their viewers is absolutely ridiculous.

1 Like

If your cockpit door is closed (locked in our case since there’s no actual animation) you won’t hear it well.

Lmao. It’s funny because it’s true. I’m totally guilty of doing this :rofl:

Nope, it will be disabled in the aircraft level. Even if you put every assist on Easy mode before you start the flight, once you load the aircraft, it will disable them completely. (Except perhaps the few assistance that I mentioned above). Once you’re back to the main menu or select a different aircraft, your assistance settings is restored.

Sounds + visuals of the startup.

Why would they do that? What if you don’t have rudder pedals?

Two very obvious main differences are the awesome analogue Fenix instruments.
I love analogue backup instruments because this gives safety. Electrical failures like jolts or short circuits can make all TFT screens fail!
The RAT can pressure the blue hydraulics system - but what if some jolt has fried all the screens and they don´t come on anymore?
Worry not!
I have my analogue fully independent backup instruments and this AWESOME analogue compass in the middle column of the front windshield, I think 90% of all people don´t even know that it is hidden up there :smiley: and a GPS-map in the electronic flight bag to go fully VFR like flying a Cessna :smiley:
And the fly-by-wire computer makes her fly even BETTER than any Cessna or Piper out there.

Only the Fenix has the awesome iconic golden cockpit illumination. Love flying it in dense rain and almost CATII conditions!
Nothing feels more safe than an Airbus.

The Fenix has a smaller N1 … what is the exact aviation term for the N1, the big “propeller” at the inlet of the engine, the blower the compressor the bypass airstream blower, you know what I mean…
An Airbus Neo has a turbine with a diameter of 2 meters! And this is one huge black hole sucking in everything, the CFM LEAP A1 and A2 and B are the biggest engines currently available.
They didn´t fully fit on the 737 MAX so only the Airbus Neo has the REAL DEAL to maxed-out CFM LEAP engines.

But the sound of the Fenix Airbus is absolute god-like, these CFM 56 5 engines have a way better roar. Absolute impressive and finally I have a reason to look at the outside camera - to hear these engines roar like a good eighties T-rex of a turbine should.

The printer of the FlyByWire A320 is functional. I don´t know what it prints (maybe METAR data) but I have read several times that this printer is functional. This is indeed some cool feature!

The windshield wiper of the Fenix Airbus is the only windshield wiper of all airplanes that is functional. This enhances the absolute flawless visuals even more.

1 Like

I never have rudder pedals. And I use my sidestick twist axis to control my rudder. Been using that since my FSX days 15 years ago.

1 Like

Perhaps I need to learn to do this. I generally turn that axis off since it seemed like it would be clunky to use.

using keyboard keys for rudder control is more clunky to use than an analog twist axis, that’s for sure.

I am sorry….but

That’s a ridiculous reason,if you don’t have pedals and have a stick with rudder controls and opt for keyboard….kinda a :clown_face: moment

@CupOJello
I never said I used the keyboard. I use rudder assistance in the sim.

I don’t see why you would use rudder assistance when many sticks come with a rudder axis….

Unless you use a yoke and throttle…buy some cheap pedals

Rudder assistance on is very practical and more pleasant to fly (even when having rudders or a twist axis on the joystick.)

Propeller airplanes are not trying to sheer off the runway and into the grass like crazy.
And making turns without constantly pressing the rudder just feels more realistic, because in a real Fly by Wire the sidestick input goes to the ELAC (ELevator Aileron Computer) and from there a yaw order is sent to the FAC (Flight Augmentation Computer) and electric motors actuate the rudder.
Since the yaw damping and turn coordination are fully automatic, there is usually no need for the Airbus pilot to use the rudder pedals in flight.

That´s why RTX and rudder assistance should be always on… :smiley: even when having Radeon cards. Just throw a bottle against the graphics card in a ceremonial ship´s christening, and tell your card: “you are now a Radeon RTX!”

Well yeah… But you don’t really need “rudder assistance” when you fly an airbus, because the aircraft itself as you said already manages the appropriate rudder movements based on the fly-by-wire logic. In fact, having rudder assistance could actually conflict with the airbus fly-by-wire system because the rudder assistance from the sim is making the extra correction that the airbus aircraft already make the correction from the ELAC and FAC systems. Correction into a correction could equal to wrong. So just keep it off, and let the airbus aircraft manages it on its own without the extra unnecessary inputs from the sim. When you fly the Airbus, it’s best to have all assistance set to Off/Hard/True to Life. This is to make sure the sim’s functionality to conflict with the airbus logic, causing issues.

If this is suppose to be a joke, it went over my head, because I don’t understand the joke here.

4 Likes

I’d like to see some data and/or facts, to support that statement

If you want realism, leave rudder assistance off.

The aircraft will manage it, if it has that capability.

With GA aircraft, the whole point is to get that feel, the required rudder control is a vital part of the simulation experience.

If you think it is easier with assistance on, fair enough, but it’s highly recommended to learn how to use rudders and to learn what effect they have on the aircraft. Once you get used to it, you will appreciate it.

2 Likes

A Radeon is never an RTX because RTX was an Nvidia-only feature.
Radeon has opened Raytracing a year ago on the 6600 cards but they are not labelled as Radeon RTX, except you throw a bottle and name her RTX like during a ship´s naming.
Afterwards you can name your graphics card a “Radeon RTX” and install it in your battleship (PC) :smiley:

I think both addon don’t support rudder assist as the whole point was to align with the runway during takeoff and landings with rudder but since both use their own codes for rudder effectiveness and not Asobo’s default code, the default rudder assist won’t work