Final Approach Simulations KEWR

simMarket: KEWR NEWARK LIBERTY INTERNATIONAL MSFS Was going to get it but a bit skeptical about the quality

We need KEWR bad, but not that bad…

1 Like

I bought it. IMO it isn’t of sufficient quality to be worth $20.00, but it isn’t that bad. The buildings are modelled well, but the texture quality is highly variable. One problem is that they didn’t use glass for the main terminal building and those textures don’t look good at all. Also, the materials textures used on the concourses where they didn’t glass are lower resolution. I don’t love the way it looks at night. While the terminals have some interior modelling, they are missing some obvious stuff–like seats in the departure lounges. Street-side terminal entrance is totally dead and there are no cars on the parking garage roofs. Car traffic isn’t routed correctly (no cars drive through the arrival area) and there are some problems with water and cars driving through it. I did like all of the static aircraft and the ability to populate the gates with statics–though you can’t choose what gates will contain aircraft. Elevated rail tracks are modelled, but unlike Fsdreamteam’s KORD, or Latin VFR’s KMIA, there are no trains. Final Approach Simulation’s Newark isn’t horrible and it is a nice improvement over the default, but it doesn’t compare favorably when you start stacking it up against other $20.00 airports from vendors like Fly Tampa, Flightbeam, Aerosoft, etc. Honestly, I think Fsdreamteam’s $10.00 products are better–certainly CYVR is. On one hand, I’m glad to have something to replace default Newark, but on the other hand, there is plenty of room for somebody to do a better job. If that happens, I’ll likely buy it and this purchase will have been somewhat wasted.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up. I wanted to get their TTPP Piarco airport but I am underwhelmed by the screenshots. Will be staying clear from this developer. Some of the scenery looks like direct ports from another sim.TTPP resembles the freeware version from X-PLANE.

Good God :scream:

1 Like

Thanks for the thorough review. I was considering purchasing it but will hold off for now.

I really hope Drzewiecki Designs does this airport one day. I tried to give pointers to the Final Approach developer like having ILS and GS antennas along with the red & white buildings that go with them. No Taxiway centerline lights? Focus on the emersion of the runways and taxiways first, instead they focused on the terminal areas with this last update :expressionless:

1 Like

Drzewiecki Design has said that “perhaps” they could revisit it when the new terminal that is going up is completed.
I’m bothered by the word “perhaps”. The New York metro area needs a developer like Drzewiecki to step in.

3 Likes

Drzewiecki has announced KEWR coming.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CeIHLOSKB6p/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

3 Likes

Oh my! That is exciting news!

1 Like

A sign of relief. Hope its well optimized! Hoping KLGA follows suit!

2 Likes