Final part of River Visual RWY19 @ KDCA

Tried for first time the River Visual RWY19 at KDCA in MSFS this morning. Pretty nice approach with the CJ4. I bet it will be increasingly interesting as you move to bigger aircraft.

The video is from the last part of the approach.

5 Likes

Flown both 01 and 19 approaches many times IRL as a passenger. Never get tired of it. What add-ons are you using?

1 Like

Working Title mod for CJ4 DD (KDCA & Landmarks), Weather Force and FlightControlReplay for the replay.

What KDCA mod? Which Landmarks? I use the Washington area payware mod which does not include KDCA, but does include other major area airports. What was your weather setting, the waves looked good?

Both from Drzewiecki Design. 2 Differnet add ons. The weather was Live with REX Weather Force as i am always fly online with VATSIM with real weather.

Thanks for sharing.

Nice video! It’s one of the great approaches. As a teen in MD, we used to hang out at Gravely Point right on the final to RWY 19. Back then it was RWY 18 (magnetic variation changes). You fly over it at 2:10 in the video and airliners would be 100’ over your head.

You could get a lesson in fluid dynamics there, too. After most airliners would pass, within a few seconds, you would actually hear the vorticies generated by the passing plane. Really cool.

2 Likes

Wow that looked amazing, thanks for sharing.

Very cool!

I grew up very close to KBWI, Baltimore Washington International.

Standing at the chain link fence right at the beginning of 33L, we could hear the vortices swirling and whipping through the fence as the planes passed right over us.

Fond memories😊

1 Like

Happened to fly RNAV 19R into KDCA last night in the B787-8. it was VFR so I was able to watch it happen, kinda. Approach took me down to 300’ before the runway was actually in front of me. That is one twisty approach. Never seen one like it.

1 Like

Flying Runway 1 departure out of KDCA is also fun, as there’s a quick left turn just after takeoff to avoid restricted DC airspace just to the north of the runway. Great view off the right side too.

1 Like