Finally some news about a patch

I am one user that did not read the Patch Notes.
There was no notice that the Patch Notes were available.

I finally saw a reference to the Patch Notes on this Forum
and read them.

Not much there. Pitiful. Mostly for XBOX users.

Update Windows.

Please explain what this means.

They were available from the installer too, If you’d just clicked the button during the many hours it must have been in view. Release notes are ALWAYS available with every update.

Thanks for the update.

Zero issues for me… besides the pop ins etc… but doesnt break the game for me. Personally prefer the FPS boost, but yeah, they might fix it soon.

This could all be avoided if they put an end to the “release now, fix later” culture gaming has turned into. Most of the issues were well known before release.

1 Like

Game development is often a multi-million project nowadays. You can’t just indefinitely push the release date, at some point you have to release to get cashflow and pay bills.

That’s why the initial release last year felt rushed and that’s why this XBox-bound release felt too.

If you’re an Indie game developer, there might be some other rules, but major AAA releases all have almost no room to postpone releases, just due to cash.
Preorders try to mitigate this to some extent but postponing a release people have prepurchased is also a major PR issue.

You simply can’t win nowadays as a developer.

2 Likes

True, and I guess server changes mandated releasing SU5 for PC at the same time. (Although as long as you don’t exit the game, you don’t need to update, stuff keeps working, so what gives)

Better project management is badly needed in game development. Programmers get burned out from the stress of working long hours to meet deadlines, only to be met with angry customers for pushing a not yet finished version/update out the door.

Anyway, restarting the game fixed my crackling sound issues and unresponsive ATC from last flight. Probably a good idea to do between each flight. RAM usage is half of what it was as well. I guess there are still a bunch of ‘little’ memory leaks in there.

1 Like

As long as they did not change the API to a non-backwards-compatible version, it will work.
But having different versions and patch states in the wild simply would make any developer try to avoid that. It just causes SO many other issues that a common codebase is the way to go as soon as you can.

Yep, the changelog for tomorrow’s patch explicitly contains fixed memory leaks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have flown since the update and have not had any problems.
I’m running a custom water cooled 5900x/RX6800, using a wall mounted BenQ 3501R. I have a Flight Velocity panel populated by a Logitek Cessna yoke and throttle, Saitek Pro rudder petals. My FV panel has a 6 pack of Logitech instrument panels plus a Logitech radio panel, Flap panel and switch panel. What fun!
My wife bought me a Discovery flight for my 70th birthday so I was able to taxi a Cessna 172 to the take off point and the instructor actually let me take off, climb to 3000 feet and cruise around.
MSFS2020 is blast!

1 Like

Yes.

I’m running pure stock, no mods at all and suddenly getting CTD every few minutes.

Collin Powell’s Pottery Barn Rule : You break it, you own it.

1 Like

And they own it.
13 hours until a patch will be released fixing that and many more issues.

I wonder if the tomorrow patch will fix this ( reduction of graphics )

Is Quality Control and testing a patch before you release it too much to ask for?

The Crash to Desktop’s are inexcuseable in my opinion.

First world problem, but still stinks, especially when customers expect a working product, I don’t think that is too much to ask for, especially from a company such as Microsoft/Asobo.

Here’s hoping the hotfix works and doesn’t create anymore issues [+]

1 Like

So question, I have fs2020 on Xbox and it works great but I have 1.18 but I go to download the new 737 max and it says that I need the newest version? Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Yes. Yes it is.

1 Like

There’s a new patch?

Tomorrow 1500Z.

Can’t fix a problem that does not exist.

2 Likes