Finally! SU4 added a Splash Screen!

It didn’t show up for me until I had rebooted, but it is there:

8 Likes

Same thing for me. Played it twice after the update, turned off PC. Several hours later, restarted PC, took the 21H2 windows update and launched game and was greeted with the new start screen. Nice.

1 Like

Looks awesome.

@GLCodeCutter @blueline308 - What vendor did you get the sim through (Steam, MS or Boxed)?

MS Store. I assume it is part of the SU4.

Interesting, I’m not seeing it in Steam so it might be a MS store exclusive feature.

I would love to hear from anyone with a different experience.

1 Like

It is just a small screen that pops up to let you know that you did indeed launch the game. Before, you weren’t sure if your double click registered for several seconds. Now the moment you dbl click, that little window pops up.

I am using a shortcut with the fast launch option, btw.

2 Likes

No splash screen for me but then I don’t really care as I usually click the start button and go away while it loads. MS Store version for me.

2 Likes

Just had this start / loading screen when starting microsoft flight simulator. Is this a new launcher or what is it, the game loads much faster than usual :star_struck:

Same here, I also can’t open the simulator as an administrator anymore, too?

1 Like

Same for me. I usually start from task bar a admin. That no longer works.

No, I always get the message to start as administrator :thinking:

If I try to open the simulator as an administrator, I have this screen, if I click yes,there is a fault page

1 Like

9 months, … 9 months to get a splash screen to tell us something was loading and it doesn’t exist on the Steam version.

5 Likes

I tried to run the Simulator as an Administrator today as i always do and i was getting a message : Windows cannot access the specified device , path or file ! You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item !!

When i run the sim. Not as an Administrator it Worked fine !
This happened after the latest Update .
Any idea what happened ?

Mike

Then stop trying to run it as an administrator?

2 Likes

Same here, look my above screen

1 Like

I have taken to checking for updates in the MS Store every time I launch Flight Sim. A few weeks ago I started using the LAUNCH button from the MS Store screen. Since then, not one single CTD event.

I get the splash screen in just a few seconds after launching the app. Time to load seems to have been reduced, but that is completely subjective; I have no data to verify that perception.

Interesting, I don’t have 21H1 and no splash screen for me

I didn’t get any splash screen either. I rebooted the computer at least once between sessions. I’ve got Windows fully updated to 21H1 and using the Steam version.

As those having issues running as admin - there’s absolutely zero reason to have to run MSFS as an admin. It’s certainly odd that it’s not allowing you to any more, but there’s no advantage over running it with regular user credentials. I don’t see how this is a problem.

1 Like

I did , but why in each update something happens !!

Mike