Finally! SU4 added a Splash Screen!

Same problem today. After trying many things, i went into windows store / microsoft simulator and pressed Play from there. It worked. Stopped the game and started in executive mode. All is well. Maybe something in a connection to x-box.

So nobody has it now any more ? That’s cool, I’ve never had it since the chitchat about it has initialized.

What is this executive mode?

1 Like

Sorry, admin mode

Yes, . No more splash screen.

HUGE disappointment. Now I am back at staring at my desktop background and wondering if the sim has really started.

After updating to SU4 I ran the sim a few times and everything was normal. Then the next day I ran it up and I got this splash screen with a progress spinner. I thought “Oh nice I don’t get a blank screen for 60 seconds before the sim’s splash screens display”. But ever since that day the splash screen has never re-appeared.

Anyone know the story on this?

Showed up for me but then stopped showing up from that point onwards.

same for me showed up once and never again.

Same here. Saw it and now I don’t. Noticed last night.

I heard rumors that the TBM crashed.

3 Likes

It was a teaser for a new FlightSim by Microsoft…

Otherwise, as I outlined in other threads… the screen was never produced by the sim itself.

It was splashed onto your screen by something called ‘GamingServicesUI.exe’. And for some reason that exe doesn’t start up anymore. Probably went sour after a GamingServices update or Windows update.

The intent remains unclear.

1 Like

To paraphrase Danny Vermin, I saw the splash screen once… Once!

3 Likes

The Splash screen was obviously a PLUS, and really should have been included in the product from day one.

Then it came – GREAT !! - and no sooner had we got over the shock, it disappeared again.

@Jummivana Maybe some OFFICIAL information about this from MS / ASOBO would put everyone’s mind at rest.

I only saw it 2 or 3 times and remember thinking that it would have been far better with a “Press any key to continue” prompt. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I never saw it, never, even after reboot (my PC reboot several times per day). Possibly it’s because I’m on Steam (no GameServiceUI.exe, I’m not sad at all), possibly it’s because I use the -fastlaunch executable option to remove all videos before the game load.

No, it also worked with -fastlaunch. I guess it’s because of Steam.

So, maybe they realized too late it wouldn’t work on Steam and pulled it…

Egalité! If no splashscreen for all, then no splashscreen for anyone!

1 Like

Yep same here, has to do with gameservices, i think it caused troubles somehow.
I liked the splashscreen, to bad it’s gone again.

Splashscreen, I hardly knew ye…

2 Likes

Of course, see the first post… someone might create an addon? A splashon!

We still have the image!

Recognize the sim is starting and open the image… some clever whizkid…

We can do this ourselves!

Well… the whizkid can… don’t look at me…

1 Like