First crash in a verry long time... Went to grab a snack didn't realize AP Was disengaged, Bent Prop, Front Nose Wheel got torn off

3 Likes

That’s a $25.000 snack.
Hope it was worth the money

2 Likes

Wait what is this? Photoshopped? Flight Sim has not the slightest damage simulated - no bent propellers and no smoke, also no plane on it´s back. Just the screen going black immediately.

That´s why I assume it´s nice Photoshop, but don´t worry ask a friend to turn the plane around, take a hammer (or a stone if no hammer is in the trunk) to make the propeller at least okay-ish looking, and up up she goes! :smiley:

Third party aircraft perhaps with sim crash detection disabled.

The crash Effects comes from WB–Sim –172SP Classic Enhancement for the Default Asobo Studio – Textron Aviation Cessna 172 Skyhawk that’s included in the Deluxe and Premium Deluxe edition. That would be the one with the analog Guage’s not the G1000 Variant.

4 Likes

Getting a plane on its back in the sim is the easy part. Trying to flip it back over is the hard part.

“Y” is that so difficult in the sim ?? :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

it’s funny

“Aw jeez i crashed again” has two meanings for FS2020…

2 Likes

This thread should help some folks understand how much effort and hard work went into this Enhancement Mod.

Very, very cool and well worth the money.

3 Likes

When you learn to fly (say the C172) in real Life, your CFI teaches you the basics, to be able to fly the plane safely, and to get your license.
You also do a lot of reading, and discovering things that your instructor does not strictly need to teach you.

Then you go fly the plane , and over time, you learn a lot more about the plane, than you ever knew whan you first got your License.

This is one of the challenges of being a GA Pilot.

This 172SP Classic Enhancement is like that.

You may feel you now enough are are capable of flying the Standard Asobo C172 “well enough”, but really, there is so much you probably do NOT know, and this Mod allows you to discover the plane in so much more detail.

You are given access to all the Real World Document ion of the Planes systems … now it is up to you, “without being spoon fed”, to venture out and explore the finer details of a enhanced simulated C172, and all the new thing you never knew about, that have been included into this mod, – well over a 1000 hours of development time.

What would be the fun or Challenge if it were all spoon fed to you !!!

I suspect after 100 hours in the Plane, you will still be discovering thing you never knew were here !!

ONE Spoiler alert. Starting the plane in an Alaska winter, is so different from starting the plane in Florida … :wink:

3 Likes

For me it is because even pulling to hard on the sidestick brings up one of these absolut stupid black-screens censoring ALL kind of aircraft damage or crashes, instead of showing what would happen to the aircraft :smiley:

Well now that sounds interesting!
“WB–Sim –172SP Classic Enhancement for the Default Asobo Studio – Textron Aviation Cessna 172 Skyhawk”
So this is a mod, but it´s only implemented into the Premium version of the Flight Sim?
And crashes are possible? (I normally don´t crash airplanes but after some botched landing for example I of course want to see what will happen to my plane instead of always getting this stupid screen darkening censorship, the same goes for turbines on fire and discharging the fire extinguishers - I want to see puffy white clouds coming out of the exhaust while the engine fire extinguishers discharge, and other interesting things.)

So Much More

This add-on from developer WB-Sim provides a significant boost to the realism of the default Cessna 172 Skyhawk (standard, float plane and ski plane) included in the DELUXE or PREMIUM DELUXE edition of Microsoft Flight Simulator, with enhancements to the electrical system and many upgrades to the default cockpit instrumentation.

Engine wear and tear is now modelled and insufficient maintenance will have consequences for your Skyhawk!

Electrical system

Dynamic battery voltage drop
Correct ammeter display
External charging available
Accurately working relays
Battery amperage subject to temperatures
Functional circuit breakers, which may trip from faulty equipment

Cockpit and equipment

Optional state saving with 90+ points being saved so that your plane will be just as you left it
Gyro spin-up animations
Custom lighting throughout, dims if voltage is low
Gauge needles subject to engine vibrations
ADF needle subject to noise
ADF needle instrument upgraded to the KI 227-01, which slaves the ADF card to the directional gyro
Working cabin heat/defrost
Fully functional M803 clock, including settable FT alarm and ET countdown mode
Operational MD-41 GPS annunciator
PMS GNS 530/430 included
Custom-coded KAP140 autopilot corrects and adds a lot of missing features including accurate hold altitude, functional ALT arming, 20ft altitude adjustments and aural alerting
Enhanced KT76 transponder, with dynamic radar pings and correct dimming function
KR87 ADF with proper testing feature and audible ET countdown alarm
All Bendix units feature an accurate font, and the KAP140 and KR87 have auto-dimming displays

Engine wear and tear

Spark plug fouling
General engine wear
Functional engine priming
Starter overheating
Oil usage

Damage

Everything simulated may have consequences if not maintained. From gradual power loss as the hours accumulate, fouled plugs and engine failure from lack of oil, to the struts getting ripped from the fuselage from too many hard landings.

2 Likes