First flight with SU5

Just downloaded SU5 plus the hotfix last night. Took under an hour. Prior to this, I removed my community folder. That’s the only thing I did to prepare for the update. The rest of the sim is stock, no other add-ons. Took my first flight today. Very apprehensive given everything I’ve read. After a short 30 min flight, I think… I’m ok with where things are at.

First off, load times for the game and for the flight are significantly reduced. I flew the stock 152 from Plymouth, MA to Provincetown, MA. Max altitude was 8K, broken clouds. This is a flight I’ve done multiple times with SU4, all settings on ultra, TAA antialiasing, All admit that I’m not an expert but from this brief flight, I’m quite content. The graphics don’t appear to be step back from SU4. The clouds look fine, I had no “pop ups” while shifting views (or at any other time). The colors did seem a bit more vivid than I remember with SU4, I also noted some shimmering of the digits on the nav/com displays, same thing with a light tower at the Provincetown airport. It was just some shimmering vertical lines until I got close to it. I know this is a very small sample size but at this stage, I’m pleasantly surprised and figure this sim will only be getting better.

I know many of you are having issues and I feel for you. I truly hope they get sorted out ASAP. For me, it looks like I’m back in business. Next step is to reload my saved community folder. Fingers crossed. If it helps, my PC is an Alienware R12, 10.7K, 16 gig RAM, 3060Ti video card. No overclocking, latest drivers.

I’ll report back if anything goes south on me in the next few day.

2 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Discussion + Poll: Hotfix 1.18.14.0