First VR flights with the G2

Yes, bad copy and paste from my smartphone.
I’m 52, and had to get my first presbyopia glasses in 2016, but I never wear them, or only if I really need them. So my brain is always forced and trained to adjust the focus from far to near. Within a certain limit of course.

I have a few years of RC behind me, but on cars, at one time I wanted to get into the helicopter, I bought myself a model whose name escapes me, with a 120cm rotor. I would have dreamed of piloting it with glasses like yours. But I was afraid of killing myself, or of killing someone if I ever lost control. Suddenly, it remained on a shelf, collecting dust, until the day I sold it.

In my opinion, this bad experience that you have with the G2, is due to the fact that you go through the SteamVR runtime. Someone on the forum had the same problem with OpenXR developer, which was shutting down on its own. He couldn’t run VR in his G2. I gave him a try with SteamVR, but he found the picture quality degraded.
I tried to force steamvr_win64.json, and the performance are really bad, but it works !

Another topic on the difference in quality between SteamVR and OpenXR