Fix blurry roads

Faith is belief in the absence of evidence. No thanks. As Tom Cruise said: “Show me the money!”

2 Likes

I agree–certainly in VFR flight the eyes want to focus on roads so you’re looking direclty at them. Some are very good, but some are very fuzzy and poorly edged/defined. Worth the effort to improve this I feel.

Agree - sometimes it looks like the map overlay is included in the imagery. Example below from northern France. Tracks through the woods clearly marked with light grey ‘map’ graphics:

I also seem to have a complete lack of 3D trees. But that’s another issue…

What about fixing the inclination of roads? ( Giving roads a max degree of inclination on both axis). This way it would look like the terrain mesh had more resolution that it has, specially in mountain areas

3 Likes

I think the same. Roads tekture should be darker, more like concrete,asphalt somethink like runway texture, then it will look much much better.

1 Like

Indeed, it is very irritating. Especially when used to Prepar3D v5!
I still have that btw.

Yeah what struck me while flying the Japan Tour last night is that cities don’t look like cities, they look like villages. The reason is because the roads are so blurry they don’t look like roads, and they are very hard to see. Cities kind of just look like a random cluster of buildings without roads.

Roads on hills are tilted side ways by 45 degrees or more with vehicles zipping at 300 KTS. At times slower aircraft cant keep pace with them :rofl:

Also, cars shoot up a 70 deg incline and then disappear instead of going under taxiways.

same here i don’t like the way roads are

This is an improvement ???

I don’t like the overlay. Especially on dirt roads.

Everything for me is great right now but for some reason the streets look like dirt roads. I changed terrain vector setting from high to ultra and it helped a little but still even the freeways look like they have no pavement. Anyone have a solution for this?

Not really, and yes this bugs me too. It happens in areas without photogrammetry. This game needs better default road textures. They are a blurry, ugly mess. Setting textures to ultra helps a little.

I was afraid of that. Oh well. I can overlook it I suppose. Thanks for your input!

what I find not so pretty is:
the vector overlay “road” is sometimes too different to imagery, in colors / transparency (sometimes are seen “two” roads), width and minory in texture effect

I originally thought that roads in my local city looked like slod because of low-quality satellite imagery - but after venturing out into the country, it’s clearly visible that the sim is pasting an extra “road layer” above the ground texture where it thinks roads are, as shown in this screenshot:

We should be given the option to disable this overlay effect. The terrain, and all city roads for that matter, would look much more aesthetically pleasing if we were able to remove this blur effect.

7 Likes

It is useless and horrible, yes! Completely ends the immersion caused by satellite photos. Can we disable this in the User.cfg?

1 Like

X-Plane 11 does this so darn well, really hope Asobo finds a way to fix this.
Roads & Highways all look so bad in MSFS.

1 Like

Was just searching for a solution to the roads. I am actually quite surprised that in a world clearly aimed at VFR flight that the roads got so overlooked. During the day you can’t even hardly follow some major highways. I don’t know how to get from where msfs is to where xplane is in terms of roads, but it’d add value to the sim and emersion factor if they could figure it out.