Fix Cloud Density and any Resulting Effects (wing fade)

So glad to read that!, because this sim is amazingly capable of crazy realistic and beautiful cloud depiction with presets!, just not in the live weather

We just want this but in live weather and if possible, with greater amount of cloud types.

thanks!

7 Likes

do you know why slowly? it’s basically the second main feature of this simulator
after obviously flying dynamics!!! but even those includes the weather

2 Likes

I would gladly pay for the sim over again if I could just go back to pre-su7 weather. Wonderful overcasts, dynamic weather that didn’t change in an instant in front of your eyes, realistic weather fronts, high level cloud layers, thick overcast that went from horizon to horizon and you didn’t break out of it until you reached the cruise
 I could cry almost when I look back at my old screenshots and see what it used to be like.

16 Likes

Same here, looks like a different team (maybe without the correct knowledge) is re-building the weather engine from scratch instead of improving what was existing. It was so amazing/immersive at release that I don’t understand why they broke it so strong with SU7 and why Asobo did not make any comment on that obvious regression.

8 Likes

Very bad issue. Clouds have no thickness in live weather. You get my vote.

1 Like

Today I saw a variety of clouds in live weather which could do with a bump in density

3 Likes

Can we confirm that adding density has minimal impact on FPS as I suspect this may have been reduced to give us a performance upgrade post SU7.

Good point!. I also have the impression that the original dev/devs of the weather system/visuals have gone, or something like that, and now others are trying to “figure out” how it works.

I have that feeling due to the lack of info about such a critical and key feature for this sim, the silence from the sim staff and the complete absence of any infimum improvement after a whole year, and what’s worse, the actual decrease in quality of the live weather clouds depiction.

I might be totally wrong though, but how come they haven’t managed to fix the issues introduced with su7 after so long?, why the radio silence?

1 Like

Well, I agree it looks better than the puffy stuff we have most of the time, but even then. Still too transparent and fuzzy imho. Also, note the lack of detail in the distance. Previously to su7, far detail was astonishing!. Now even when the skies don’t look “that bad”, far detail is not there anymore.

Look at these examples of some of my old images, far formations look sharp and clear:

before, there was a real feeling that clouds detail was up to the horizon (600km as stated since first tech videos)

Capture of an example of this from the official " Feature Discovery Series, weather" video:

I just haven’t managed to achieve anything even close to that after su7. This is what we have now:

:sob:

Please guys, vote for this!, I bet density/opacity has something to do with this.

6 Likes

This is incredible. I couldn’t remember old clouds because at that time I didn’t use MSFS that much because of other issues but 
 how is that downgrade possible?

3 Likes

Yes agree the clouds look rubbish compared to pre SU7. There’s now only ONE cloud type - Cumulus - which they appear to try and layer to make it look thicker. Doesn’t work.

This software has been out for TWO YEARS and they still haven’t fixed such obvious bugs. That should tell you something folks.

9 Likes

For me too it is a bug that introduced a regression. Unfortunately they merged the Bug I opened a couple of days ago with an existing request in the wishlist forum requesting more clouds tips More cloud formations!.
Since there was more cloud types at launch and they stated “native support of all clouds types” why do they now consider it as an enhancement and not a bug ?. I think we’ll have to wait a long time, wishlist is large and this topic only has 147 votes

We are not requesting a new functionality but have the “native support of all clouds types” works as expected and have the weather works as it was prior they break it.

3 Likes

we can’t wait for too long , it’s a shame because weather and clouds are the most important features in the sim

7 Likes

Exactly.
As @CaptainMooreLBC said: TWO YEARS
and we don’t have:

• correct haze/humidity/visibility depiction
  • correct and varied cloud formations
  • correct overcast depiction
  • smooth weather changes (like pre-SU7)

We have:

• unlimited visibility (except METAR-bubbles)
  • strange METAR-bubbles
  • sudden weather transitions
  • sudden cloud transitions
  • sudden visibility transitions

And yes, like you said: the weather, the clouds, the visibility are the most important parts of flying.

Two years and with every update:

• everything is worst and worst
  • or the bad things don’t change

Somebody said in another place: we need a “just weather sim update”.
I agree that, we urgently need it.

18 Likes
6 Likes

THAT kind of sky is what I miss the most.

9 Likes

The regression is obvious :cry: :cry:, please Asobo, fix asap cloud types and layers in Live Weather, bring us back the pre-SU7 weather engine and start from there to improve what was still possible to improve.

7 Likes

Yes, a “weather update” would definitely be awesome. Actually, i remember before su7 came out, that devs said, literally, that the weather improvements in su7 would “blow us away”. Well, there is no doubt that they ended blowing up something, the own weather.

Let’s see if this opacity thing could make a different, as for sure, clouds are pretty much never transparent but quite dense, specially cumulous:

So please guys, spread the word and vote for this and other threads related.

19 Likes

they might have to improve the density, but until they fix the clouds that we already have, say for instance CBs are ugly still, they don’t look realistic and often form in repeated patterns too
the rain effects 
so many issues that I am not so positive for a quick fix unfortunately
unless they will grant us a weather update only

8 Likes

Half the time the clouds are so transparent they are almost invisible

4 Likes